Low E2

Hi.

I have been feeling “low” in all senses of the word for quite some time.

Had multiple blood tests that indicate low to mid range LH + FSH levels and very low test levels.

Total test = (161 , 201, 311 ng/dl)
SHBG ( 31 , 33 )
estradiol tested once and it registered < 37pmol/L or < 10 pg/mL

Symptoms of low e2 + low T with joint cracking, brain fog etc etc.

I suggested some form of TRT or HCG mono therapy and he agreed that I would need to go down that path but would like to wait a few more months before doing anything. Despite me being “impatient” in his opinion he stuck to the few more months plan and scheduled a pituitary MRI which I have no problem with but that isn’t for 2 months.

I began taking 75mg test E e3d and was feeling alot better for a little bit then it seemed to tail off. I had blood work done but no results yet.

I acquired some HCG and took a 250mg dose yesterday and will take that along with the test.

I am assuming estrogen is still low as I still have the cracking joints (albeit less) and little sex drive. I have no problems with energy or fatigue etc just depression, sex drive etc. Workouts have always been good and have been GREAT since the addition of some test.

Some other readings
TSH 0.88 (0.5-4.2)
ft4 14.9 (9-21)
ft3 4.48 (3.62 - 5.79)
Cortisol Random 280 (130-690) @ 12:45 pm - I am not a high stress individual
Vitamin D 126 Optimal 75-200
B12 high end of the range don’t have the numbers
Prolactin 5 (0-15) ug/L
DHEA wasn’t an option on the pick list.

I have tried Poliquin UberZinc supplementation, Clomid restart, Herbal Detox Protocols, Heavy Metal Detoxes etc. All had no real effect.

I am 5’7 180 < 10% bf 28 years old and in very good shape.

[quote]fmrdh wrote:
Hi.

Had multiple blood tests that indicate low to mid range LH + FSH levels and very low test levels.

SHBG ( 31 , 33 )

I suggested some form of TRT or HCG mono therapy and he agreed that I would need to go down that path but would like to wait a few more months before doing anything. Despite me being “impatient” in his opinion he stuck to the few more months plan and scheduled a pituitary MRI which I have no problem with but that isn’t for 2 months.

I began taking 75mg test E e3d and was feeling alot better for a little bit then it seemed to tail off. I had blood work done but no results yet.

I acquired some HCG and took a 250mg dose yesterday and will take that along with the test.

I am assuming estrogen is still low as I still have the cracking joints (albeit less) and little sex drive. I have no problems with energy or fatigue etc just depression, sex drive etc. Workouts have always been good and have been GREAT since the addition of some test.

Some other readings
TSH 0.88 (0.5-4.2)
ft4 14.9 (9-21)
ft3 4.48 (3.62 - 5.79)
Prolactin 5 (0-15) ug/L

I am 5’7 180 < 10% bf 28 years old and in very good shape.[/quote]
If you are not supplementing b-12 then you have conversion issues of b-12 at cellular level (BIG ISSUE) This could represent Small bacterial overgrowth as I have seen clinical and documented in published studies.
Vitamin D can be increased to 170
Still there needs to be investigation of the underlying cause of why your T was low
Thyroid looks good but still does not function the true cellular response

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:

[quote]fmrdh wrote:
Hi.

SHBG ( 31 , 33 )

Some other readings
TSH 0.88 (0.5-4.2)
ft4 14.9 (9-21)
ft3 4.48 (3.62 - 5.79)
Prolactin 5 (0-15) ug/L

If you are not supplementing b-12 then you have conversion issues of b-12 at cellular level (BIG ISSUE) This could represent Small bacterial overgrowth as I have seen clinical and documented in published studies.
Still there needs to be investigation of the underlying cause of why your T was low
[/quote]

I was taking b12 shots because I didn’t know what was wrong.

As for the bacterial overgrowth, I have gone on strict ketosis based diets (not feeding yeast) and adding in antifungals + antibacterials with basically no changes. Digestion at this point appears to be okay. I have had problems with low HCL in the past but those appear to have cleared up. Now taking 1 pill of any type of Betaine HCL supplement will result in the “warming” sensation that is desired.

[quote]fmrdh wrote:

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:

[quote]fmrdh wrote:
Hi.

SHBG ( 31 , 33 )

Some other readings
TSH 0.88 (0.5-4.2)
ft4 14.9 (9-21)
ft3 4.48 (3.62 - 5.79)
Prolactin 5 (0-15) ug/L

[/quote]

I was taking b12 shots because I didn’t know what was wrong.

As for the bacterial overgrowth, I have gone on strict ketosis based diets (not feeding yeast) and adding in antifungals + antibacterials with basically no changes. Digestion at this point appears to be okay. I have had problems with low HCL in the past but those appear to have cleared up. Now taking 1 pill of any type of Betaine HCL supplement will result in the “warming” sensation that is desired.

[/quote]

One can also check for hpylori which can cause low HCL. BLood is ok, but stool is better

Recent BW

Ranges

Progesterone <1nmol / L <2nmol/l
Testosterone 1400 ng/dl 230-1100
Estrogen 58 ng/ml 15-45
Prolactin 10ug/l 5-15

Going to drop the dose of T down a bit to 40mg e3d and see where she goes.

Weird because I still have snapping elbows and brain fog so I figured E was low still.

I actually had that H Pylori stool test done and it was negative within the last 4-5 months.

[quote]fmrdh wrote:
Recent BW

Ranges

Progesterone <1nmol / L <2nmol/l
Testosterone 1400 ng/dl 230-1100
Estrogen 58 ng/ml 15-45
Prolactin 10ug/l 5-15

Going to drop the dose of T down a bit to 40mg e3d and see where she goes.

Weird because I still have snapping elbows and brain fog so I figured E was low still.

I actually had that H Pylori stool test done and it was negative within the last 4-5 months.
[/quote]

Would not touch an AI work on controlling your TT levels and you should be fine.
E2 can be a real bitch and fool you . High and low e2 are the same symptoms …