Low Dumbbell Weight Cap

[quote]howie424 wrote:
I have everything I need; smith press, barbell, power rack, some good machines, some hot moms.[/quote]

LOL!!

A few options would be… do heavy incline barbell work first, then do DB flat bench. If that is still too light than do heavy BB bench press first. Those 75s will feel pretty heavy after 4 or 5 sets of benching.

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=212&pid=141

My gym’s DBs only go to 100, so I bring a pair of these when I do heavier DB work. Shortens the ROM a bit, but still get the work done.[/quote]

How much do those hold?[/quote]

I can get up to 200 pounds in these. Depends on the type and size of the plates your gym has.

I read elsewhere about a similar DB handle that holds over 300 pounds, the same one Matt Kroc uses for Kroc Rows although his are customized for smaller plates. I’ll try to find a link.
[/quote]

They aren’t too long and awkward are they? If they hold the plates with the 2" hole, I might find myself buying these.
[/quote]

It’s a bit long for a DB handle, it looks awkward, but it works just fine man. The only problem I find with those is lifting them from the ground to bench position, but other than that it’s pretty much like a regular heavy DB.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I asked Matt Kroc where he got that DB handle and he said the same thing, customized, so he didn’t have an answer to where I can get one. If you get a link somewhere that’d be awesome.[/quote]

I can’t find the link, I remember I typed his name in google and found this forum where they were talking about the handle. Then someone posted the name/brand of the handle and how he had it customized.

I think it’s the same one I linked above, from elitefts, maybe he just got an extension welded to both sides.

Grab the 75s and spread your fingers. Have your partner put a 5, 10, 15, 20 etc in between your middle and third fingers. Have the heads of the dumbells facing 90 degrees from the 75’s.

It takes a little getting used to it but you will after a few workouts. The smaller dumbells are easier to balance up to about 20lbs. 25’s and above are a little harder to balance. And the handles are thicker on the bigger ones which changes your grip somewhat. Take your rings off cause it will dig them into your fingers.

Me and my partner have done this for years for flat bench, incline and seated overhead presses.

He usually has me load them with his arms in the down position while I prefer to have my arms fully extended and locked while loading.

Stop your set while you have 1 or two reps left in the tank. If you don’t you will be to tired to hold them while your partner unloads them. Do one at a time to prevent dropping one on your head.

Hope this helps.