Low Carb Sausages...

I have to admit - I freakin’ love sausages.

Only problem is that your average affordable sausage in the UK is closer to a loaf then a meat product! So many carbs and fillers!

I am curious as to if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can go about fulfilling my sausage shaped cravings. (In before any penis jokes.)

Now I don’t own any sausage making equipment but my initial thought was something like:
1lb extra lean pork mince
1 large omega-3 egg
1tsp black pepper
1tsp salt
1tsp dried sage

Whiz around in a blender/food processor until pleasantly creamy/smooth. Then dollop a bit onto a bit of tin foil and roll so you end up with a tin foil covered “sausage”. Now pierce the foil a few times and then throw in the oven.

Perhaps serve up with some low carb cauliflower mash, gravy and fried onions? grins

Most good quality sausages are low(ish) in carbs. Tesco finest pork n herb are only 1.8 grams of carb per sausage. M&S venison sausages are 2.2g of carb. Easily low enough to have in moderation on a low carb diet.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
I have to admit - I freakin’ love sausages.[/quote]

Aw dude. WTF.

This must be a UK thing.

Where I am in the states most sausage, even the fairly cheap stuff, at most has about 4 grams of sugar per serving. Without trying too hard one can find a few better varieties that have 0-1 g per serving.

The big thing to watch out for around here is MSG. All of the cheaper companies and some of the seemingly quality brands employ it. This is especially true of traditional pork sausage.

Try a local butchers, mine do hand made and I ask for them to be 100% meat.

A friend bought some 41% meat to a bbq - that’s the last bbq he’s coming to!

I hate sausages. I egt nasty thoughts biting into that salty shlong.

go to your local butcher and ask him to grind up some meat for you. Then buy some casings.
Saute a little garlic, the spices you mentioned and paprika.
Stuff it all in and then boil it before eating.

OR.
Ground Pork + paprika, cumin, salt, papper + let hang(cure) in air for a day or two. = CHORIZO!!! (fried up ofcourse)

[quote]Makavali wrote:
benmoore wrote:

Aw dude. WTF.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Couldn’t help laughing ooot loud.

Well done Makavali

[quote]B rocK wrote:
Makavali wrote:
benmoore wrote:

Aw dude. WTF.

My thoughts exactly.

Couldn’t help laughing ooot loud.

Well done Makavali[/quote]

If Shugart can post a frigging healthier cheesecake recipe.

Why the hell can’t I have a healthier non sweet food item? =]