Low Carb Ratios - Diet Help!?

Looking to start cutting ASAP. I read alot on bodybuilding and nutrition but there is so much different info it gets confusing. I have done low carb and various ratios while cutting but always felt awful.

The site I am looking at now says 35p/20c/45f and was thinking of starting that.

So my question is
Would karb cycling or keto be better? Are the carbs low enough? Are the fats to high?
What ratio do you guys use on a cut?

[quote]JayOsler wrote:

So my question is
Would karb cycling or keto be better? Are the carbs low enough? Are the fats to high?
What ratio do you guys use on a cut? [/quote]

You’re going to get different answers, because there isn’t one correct method that best suits every individual.

First and foremost, figure out your maintenance caloric intake and create a slight deficit, usually averaging 250-500 calories/per day, depending on rate of intended fat loss.

You can start by setting protein intake at 40% or roughly 1 gram/lb of bodyweight (or some do by lean body mass), then allocate the remainder of the daily caloric allotment from fat and carbs. As long as you hit your macros, you can adjust fat and carbs based on energy levels and carb sensitivity. Some people do better on higher carb, lower fat protocols, and others are the opposite. At the end of the day maintaining a caloric deficit is important. Some people report better results by carb cycling, i.e., timing carb intake around workouts - pre and post, though your mileage may vary.

I have had successful cuts on everything from 30P/60C/10F to keto. What will work best is the protocol you will be willing to adhere to long term; making small adjustments as required.

Okay I think I will try the 1gram of protein per body weight. And adjust the other 2 based on sensitivity.

Thanks!

[quote]JayOsler wrote:
Looking to start cutting ASAP. I read alot on bodybuilding and nutrition but there is so much different info it gets confusing. I have done low carb and various ratios while cutting but always felt awful.

The site I am looking at now says 35p/20c/45f and was thinking of starting that.

So my question is
What ratio do you guys use on a cut? [/quote]

How about you try one approach, see how you feel and what results you get? Then if that fails, try the other.

Someone may remind me that I keep banging on about this in various threads when it comes to carb cycling, but I’ll bang the Gironda drum once again as I can’t over-emphasise its simplicity and effectiveness. From personal experience, I found simply going into a keto diet for, say, 3 days, then eating carbs on the evening on the 4th day very effective. It removes the guess work, counting CHO and generally stressing about diet.

[quote]JayOsler wrote:
Okay I think I will try the 1gram of protein per body weight. And adjust the other 2 based on sensitivity.

Thanks![/quote]
Percentages matter little. Low carb is easy, but working out hard is not. Why not just try to get more athletic, focusing on quality training and quality nutrition? Anyways, good luck with whatever you decide, but understand that the rate at which you burn carbs is equally important to the total number of grams you ingest.

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:
Someone may remind me that I keep banging on about this in various threads when it comes to carb cycling, but I’ll bang the Gironda drum once again as I can’t over-emphasise its simplicity and effectiveness. From personal experience, I found simply going into a keto diet for, say, 3 days, then eating carbs on the evening on the 4th day very effective. It removes the guess work, counting CHO and generally stressing about diet. [/quote]
Another simple method is to simply limit the number of times per day you spike insulin (less total meals).