Low Carb Question

[quote]C6H13NO2 wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]C6H13NO2 wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
oh and for the record, i probably should have mentioned before, im eating maintenance level calories protein/fat and a carb-up on sundays

also i sip on 10 grams leucine and 24 grams whey throughout my session, so not technically fasted…

anyway i do believe it has helped in my recomping or whatever you wanna call it[/quote]

Well, in this case then, start your Sundays with a few pieces of fruit or some honey with breakfast, this will help fill the liver with glycogen (around 90g) and then eat low fructose foods the rest of the carb up. Fill the liver, then the muscle. Thibs talked about that in one of his peaking articles…[/quote]

yah i’ve seen this recommendation before… i think you’re referring to shredded in six days or something like that?

anyway i dont think there is anything wrong with the fructose first method, but i think the difference is negligible[/quote]

You got it and I agree. I’ve “filled” up faster with this method, that’s why I recommended it.
[/quote]

ok gotcha… tbh i just assumed you were making a blind recommendation (due to your post small post count) nothing personal but i’ve been seeing it a lot lately

carbs preworkout are workin really well for me, after my workout the only carbs i have are from milk, nuts, veggies, and thats basically it

If you are interested in doing a targeted ketogenic diet, do yourself a favor and purchase the book “The Ketogenic Diet”.

As to your question, I’ve found that consuming carbohydrates preworkout isn’t enough to have much impact on glycogen unless you’re talking about consuming them ~24 hours preworkout. Consume maybe 10g of carbohydrate pre workout in order to bring blood glucose up to normal levels, then consume your carbs post workout. How many you really need depends on your workload and how well you function on a keto diet, but 2.5g/working set+50g is a good rough (but very low) estimate.