Low Carb PWO Protein Shake?

Im doing a low carb diet (less then 50g) I want to know what protein is best to use and where to get it? also what else should i put into the PWO Shake.

Wait for Anaconda. Its a new product from Biotest. Hopefully, if they have a heart, they’ll release it soon. :wink:

OP: I would drink either whey protein, or a whey/casein blend if I were hell bent on keeping carbs below 50g/day. However, unless you are carbing-up on a weekly basis, it’s probably best to have a shake that includes some carbs.

Whey, but spike it up with some extra Leucine. Leu works best in presence of BCAAs.
Dave Palumbo also says you can add some Natty PB for an xtra insulin spike (but I’m sure some folks will argue that -lol)

S

[quote]elusive wrote:
Wait for Anaconda. Its a new product from Biotest. Hopefully, if they have a heart, they’ll release it soon. ;)[/quote]

They have no heart.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Whey, but spike it up with some extra Leucine. Leu works best in presence of BCAAs.
Dave Palumbo also says you can add some Natty PB for an xtra insulin spike (but I’m sure some folks will argue that -lol)

S
[/quote]

Don’t you mean Leucine works best in the ABSENCE of other BCAAs? I could’ve sworn that’s why Bill Roberts said not to put Leucine in Surge Workout Fuel, as the transport mechanism for the other BCAAs is the same as for Leucine, so Leucine would supposedly hog up that mechanism. Can’t recall.

According to Layne (who did the actual study! -lol), it works best in presence of BCAAs and carbs, but can even signal activation by itself.

S

Do you know something we don’t?

[quote]mabbott29 wrote:

They have no heart.

Do you know something we don’t?[/quote]

the only thing I know is that its “been coming” for something like 4 years now. I hope I’m completely wrong, but I wouldn’t count on it.

[quote]spadesofaces wrote:
mabbott29 wrote:

They have no heart.

Do you know something we don’t?

the only thing I know is that its “been coming” for something like 4 years now. I hope I’m completely wrong, but I wouldn’t count on it.

[/quote]

Basically. It’s been coming “really really soon gaise” for several months now, and it’s still not out so when it WILL be out is anyone’s guess.