Low Carb Protein Bars

Anyone know a good recipe for some really low carb protein bars? With no more than about 7g of carbs per bar?

Or perhaps a brand of protein bar that has really low carbs?

[quote]Bizmark wrote:
Anyone know a good recipe for some really low carb protein bars? With no more than about 7g of carbs per bar?

Or perhaps a brand of protein bar that has really low carbs?[/quote]

Your best off sticking with beef jerkey and nuts for an easy low-carb snack.

Low-carb protein bars are frankenfood. That is they are loaded with crap.

I like Greens+ whey protein bars. I think they have about 17g of carbs, but it’s all fructose.

Forget it - I’m on the AD as well, have looked high and low and there ain’t nothing out there that’s worth a damn. Almost all “low carb” bars have glycerol in them and are low “net” carb, not truly low carb.

Aside from nuts and jerky, Hormel makes turkey pepperoni that’s 80 cals per serving (35P/45F),tastes great and can go unrefrigerated for hours that you might want to look for.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
Bizmark wrote:

Low-carb protein bars are frankenfood. That is they are loaded with crap.[/quote]

Not true, PB/Metabolic Drive choc protein bars. Heard they are awesome. Check JB’s site

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
ChrisKing wrote:
Bizmark wrote:

Low-carb protein bars are frankenfood. That is they are loaded with crap.

Not true, PB/Metabolic Drive choc protein bars. Heard they are awesome. Check JB’s site
[/quote]

They’re not low carb by the OP’s definition, regardless of nutritive value.

You could always make your own. There are some really good recipes in Gourmet Nutrition. You can of course modify the carb content by leaving out some of the flax or nuts, and then add some fat in by mixing olive oil into the “dough”.