Low-Carb & Metabolic Drive Complete Taste

Awhile ago, I switched from a cheap generic protein powder to Metabolic Drive and ordered Low-Carb Metabolic Drive Strawberry, Low-Carb Metabolic Drive Banana, Metabolic Drive Complete Vanilla, and Metabolic Drive Complete Chocolate in my first order. I loved the taste of them all.

I was running low on the Low-Carb stuff so I ordered some more Low-Carb Metabolic Drive Banana and a tub of Low-Carb Metabolic Drive Vanilla. This order consisted of the newer tubs, whereas the first order came in the older tubs.

The banana tasted the same, but the vanilla tasted drastically different. The taste of the Metabolic Drive Complete Vanilla was a subtle, pleasant creamy vanilla taste. The taste and smell of the new tub of Low-Carb Metabolic Drive Vanilla doesn’t even hint at vanilla. I really can’t compare it to anything, but it’s very strong and very funky, and every sip is a struggle to keep from gagging. No matter what I mix with it, the bad funkiness powers through.

I expected some minor difference in the taste switching from Metabolic Drive Complete to Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, but this doesn’t seem right. Can anybody else comment on the taste differences between the two? I’m trying to figure out whether I got a defective tub or something. I just can’t imagine anybody would market what I’m tasting and smelling as vanilla. Like I said, I loved the Metabolic Drive Complete Vanilla. I still have some of that left and just sniffing the two containers is like yo-yo-ing between heaven and hell.

I had a similar experience here. I ended up having to put it into a blender and adding some berries to make it tolerable.

I did the Velocity diet and unfortunately bought just as much vanilla as chocolate. It’s definitely not “vanilla” that you’d expect from an ice cream or extract…funky for sure. The banana and strawberry are much tastier.

I agree, the vanilla powder is a bit chalkier especially in yogurt, though I was told newer batches should be better.

The chocolate is much thicker than it used to be.

I prefer the old, but at the same time, I’m sure I’ll get used to this

jehovas

There was a different batch of chocolate recently. It tasted worse (IMO) and was thicker. From what I understand, this was a one-off thing and the old choc MD will be back soon.