Low-Carb Grow!

I just purchased two tubs of Low-Carb Grow!. I was wondering if it’s a good post or pre-workout drink, or just a mrp. I just read something that says, the ratio of carbohydrate to protein should be 3-4 grams of carbs to 1 gram or protein. Hope not because I purchased the Low-Carb Grow!. Any feedback would be appreciated.

[quote]hotjosh74 wrote:
I just purchased two tubs of Low-Carb Grow!. I was wondering if it’s a good post or pre-workout drink, or just a mrp. I just read something that says, the ratio of carbohydrate to protein should be 3-4 grams of carbs to 1 gram or protein. Hope not because I purchased the Low-Carb Grow!. Any feedback would be appreciated.[/quote]

WTF?? Why wouldn’t you research this before buying?

Its not the best for post workout because it is a blend of proteins, with some whey protein isolate to quickly elevate blood aminos and protein synthesis and subsequent slower digesting proteins to keep aminos elevated to prevent muscle breakdown.

Post workout you want the fastest elevation of blood aminos possible, like the whey hydrosylate and the BCAAs that are in Surge.

So, with that said, Low-Carb Grow is best used as a meal replacement or as a source of additional protein for a meal you’re already eating. It would be good Pre Workout too, but I just consider that another meal. That depends on how soon you like to eat before a workout.

And you mention the carb to protein ratio. Yes, post workout recovery shakes are formulated with higher carbs to protein.

Basically:

Surge and other similar drinks=Post Workout Recovery

Grow!, Low-Carb Grow! =meal shakes that can be used however the hell or whenever the hell you want but aren’t IDEAL for post workout.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
hotjosh74 wrote:
I just purchased two tubs of Low-Carb Grow!. I was wondering if it’s a good post or pre-workout drink, or just a mrp. I just read something that says, the ratio of carbohydrate to protein should be 3-4 grams of carbs to 1 gram or protein. Hope not because I purchased the Low-Carb Grow!. Any feedback would be appreciated.

WTF?? Why wouldn’t you research this before buying?[/quote]

I purchased Grow! as an MRP. Just wanted to know if it was cool to use post or pre workout. Thanks for the feedback Newdamage I appreciate it. Chris King I could have did w/out your post.

Hotjosh,

Chris does have a valid point. Despite the fact that Grow! is very inexpensive, purchase of a few tubs can still add up. I myself would second his opinion on doing research prior to buying. However, it’s no loss, because I think you would have bought it anyway to use as an MRP later in the day, just like I do. Good choice!

You’re also right on about carb-to-protein ratio. That is ideal for a post-workout drink. As the last poster (sorry, forgot his name…) mentioned, Surge is by-far the best out there!