T Nation

Low-Carb Grow! & ZMA

I want to start using ZMA again and I can afford 1 serving of Low-Carb Grow! a day. I wanted to take the Low-Carb Grow! at night but it contains Ca2+ and that will interfere with the ZMA. I have a pure whey that I use for right after workouts. Any ideas when I should take the Low-Carb Grow!???

Thanks

Drink your shake one hour before you go to bed. Take the ZMA 30 minutes later. That should give the Grow! time to get out of the way.

This is what I do, and it seems to work well for me. I still sleep well.

Hope this helps.

Take ZMA 45 min. before bed. Right before bed, drink your Grow! shake, eat your Grow! pudding, or eat your Grow!/cottage cheese concoction. Do in this order.

[quote]monkey_space wrote:
Drink your shake one hour before you go to bed. Take the ZMA 30 minutes later. That should give the Grow! time to get out of the way.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Actually, you have it backwards.

You should take the Grow! as late as possible (as close to bedtime as possible) since you want to keep it working as long as possible after you go to sleep, to curb catabolism.

So, take the ZMA one hour before bed, and Grow! immediately before going to bed. That will allow the ZMA to have been absorbed before Grow! hits your stomach.

[quote]monkey_space wrote:
Hope this helps.[/quote]

I think that you would be better off doing it the other way around. IMO take the ZMA 30mins before bed on as “empty a stomach as possible” and then have your shake just before bed.

i emailed John Berardi and asked him about this and witch to take first… he says
“Don’t worry about the interaction between the two. It’s not really a big
problem. Sometimes I take the two together…JB”

SO that is what i will do … hope this helps

Oh yeah. That does make more sense. I will start doing it this way.

Thanks!

[quote]hspder wrote:
monkey_space wrote:

Hope this helps.

Actually, you have it backwards.

You should take the Grow! as late as possible (as close to bedtime as possible) since you want to keep it working as long as possible after you go to sleep, to curb catabolism.

So, take the ZMA one hour before bed, and Grow! immediately before going to bed. That will allow the ZMA to have been absorbed before Grow! hits your stomach.[/quote]