Low Carb - Feel Like Sh!t

I am doing about the same sort of diet, not to lose weight, but to control blood sugar. I found that a cup of coffee in the afternoon got me going mentally and physically. It got rid of the sluggishness. It does get easier though, just make sure to give your self a moderate carb day once a week or so.

let’s all say it together now: low-carbs does NOT also mean low kcals

i feel at mey best when i go low carb. but low carb for me is about 150g with a bunch of sweating everyday…

[quote]chillain wrote:
let’s all say it together now: low-carbs does NOT also mean low kcals[/quote]

[Taubes]
kcals don’t matter, carbs make you fat.
[/Taubes]

Low carb can cause people to have low blood pressure - this is usually part of where the “brain fog/light headedness” comes from. Try upping your sodium intake by salting your food.

From personal experience I would encourage you for one month to eat until you are full and don’t concern yourself too much with counting calories, but watch carbs (excluding fiber) like a hawk. You might be surprised at your results. Low carb food is so satiable most people have a hard time eating enough most of the time. Also, I have heard that the more miserable you feel starting low carb the better you will benefit from it, the people that have the hardest time tend to be more insulin resistant. Good luck with the cut and hang in there, you’ll see progress.

Its not for everyone! I dietted down to ripped for my last show…eating a pretty substantial amount of carbs the whole way. I had recently been trying to tighten up again on low carbs…felt like $hit, couldn’t lose for the life of me. Now I am doing the same number of calories and high carb, and low and behold…dropping like crazy! Carbs are the key to the metabolism for some.

I don’t know why everyone is so crazy about low carb. Yes, it might be a little better; but wouldn’t you rather do something that you can actually stick to? When I diet I eat around 2500 - 2600 kcal and probably around 100 to 150 grams of carbs/day. I don’t have a fast metabolism! I used to be a fat ass. I’m 6’2" 200 pds.

OP- I’m not sure if this has already been said, but you could probably do just fine if you bump it up to 2300 - 2400/day, and eat 100+ grams/day of carbs.

Lots of water and MCT oil, medium chain triglycerides helped me quite a bit, also, figure out your maintenance calories and only cut about 10% from there. Lots of people on low carb diets tend to under eat because of the loss in appetite.