Low Carb Diets are Bad, Amongst Other Things

I have seen many of this guys videos and while he makes a valid point or two in each video there is this horrible tendency to oversimplify concepts, and bash many newer ideas in the areas of exercise, nutrition, and recovery. Maybe but I am being an asshole but look at some of these videos

low carb side effects

lose muscle after three hours

You have been asking

steroids

stop worrying about protein

another idiot preaching outdated dogma

his logic:

low carb → body converts dietary/body protein to glucose → muscle loss

here’s a crazy idea but it might just work…

1. eat more protein to minimize this

2. eat fat, FAT FAT FAT FAT FAT, tons of fatty foods at every meal (except PWO)

low carbs is the path to diabetes ? if you’re stupid enough to believe that low carb = low fiber/fruits/veggies then yes you are asking for trouble

Find what works for you but try to remember that your body does not NEED carbs.

I love the discussion aspect of your thread, but I unfortunately am totally sold on the low carb way of doing things.

OP? Have you tried both ways?

I hate these carpet bombing statements.

Make the majority of your calorific intake come from fat and allow for 1-1.5g protein per lb bodyweight.

14.9% bodyfat to 10.7% bodyfat this morning in about 6 weeks.

=]

I do prefer low carb, I was just bringing up some of this person’s videos as another person preaching to anyone who will listen and they spout out this shit from 1950’s health class and thousands of people watch these videos and think he is so great. I guess it is just my frustration but it gives me hope to turn things around myself.

Dr. Bowden rules

[quote]D Day wrote:
I have seen many of this guys videos and while he makes a valid point or two in each video there is this horrible tendency to oversimplify concepts, and bash many newer ideas in the areas of exercise, nutrition, and recovery. Maybe but I am being an asshole but look at some of these videos

[/quote]

check out this dude

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4362041487661765149

Gary Taubes also has an awesome book called, “Good Calories, Bad Calories.”

[quote]mechanicsteve wrote:

check out this dude

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4362041487661765149

Gary Taubes also has an awesome book called, “Good Calories, Bad Calories.”[/quote]

Excellent stuff. Thanks for that.