Low Carb Diet

I have been using the anabolic diet for about a month now. I am going to start the T-Dawg diet shortly. My question has to do with Ketostix. I only get a positive reading from about Wednesday night to Saturday morning. If my body has made the switch over to a fat first metabolism, why do I not see ketones every day of the week? Will I ever see them on the T-Dawg diet? I believe the T-Dawg diet is the same as the Metabolic diet for bodybuilders and weightlifters. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Zig

Zig, just because the ‘Ketostix’ don’t give a positive reading, that doesn’t mean that you aren’t in ketosis. The ketones in your blood have to reach a fairly high level before the kidneys start filtering out the excess. Also if you are drinking large quantities of water and have very diluted urine the concentration of ketones may not be detectable by the Ketostix.

I did the fat fast very strict stuck to it exactly. I only showed positive on the keto sticks when I measured immediately after a workout other than that the damn things never showed a color at all. I still lost weight big time. shed about 43 total pounds in less than 6 weeks. Not the most healthy way to do it but effective.