T Nation

Low Carb Diet Plan Help

Hey guys, if any of you have been following me, you would know I’ve been trying to get into the army, but due to muscle mass I can’t join as I’m only 16 and because it’s the british army’s BMI of 27 regulation haha.

So, I need a low carb diet plan to help finish off my last 5-10 pounds as I’ve already lost about 10lbs out of my 18.

So I was hoping one of you could possibly help me with a low carb diet, heres my routine too.

Day one:
Run long distance at a hard-ish pace for about 15 minutes (Increasing by how I feel every week try go for one extra minute)

Day two:
Circuit training
Pullups x 6-8
Jumping Jacks x 10-15
Pushups x 15-20
Lunges x 12-15
Tricep Dips x 15-20
Situps x 25-50
Sprints between each circuit up and down my stairs 4 times. (Ghetto)
3 Mins rest at the end of each circuit.

Day 3:
Interval training, as you said about. I’m looking at it realistically and trying the 1.5 in 12 mins to start. This week I’ve done a third of the distance with a third of the time.

Day 4:
40 minute walk up hill or a 20 minute jog, for general fitness reasons.

A day of rest in between.

I’ve already lost like 5KG but it’s stalled really bad now because I ain’t changed weight in like 2 weeks.
I’ve lowered my calories again, but nothing has happened because of my carbs are a bit high I think :S

I’ve been basically following a normal persons diet…

Breakfast:
2 Eggs
2 Toast with Jam (Whole bread)
Banana

Leave it two hours, then I RUN.

Snack:
Muller light yoghurt

Lunch:
1 tortilla wrap
160g Chicken
Peppers
Light mayo

Snack:
Low calorie Breakfast bar.

Pre-bed:
300g Cottage cheese.

I’m UK that’s why my army wont let me in being at this weight, the dicks.

I need to lose some mass really or fat, but I’d like to lose it asap tbh.
So any help is appreciated. :slight_smile:

thanks guys.

have you counted the calograms of carbs in this plan?

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
have you counted the calograms of carbs in this plan?[/quote]

Yeah bro, comes to roughly 120-140 depending on if I swap my snacks in my days.

JP, I swear on Jessica Biels’s nectarine-like ass that if you lived in New York, I would buy a puppy and give it to you, just so I could kick it in the teeth. Holy shit, man, you are one frustrating kiddo.

[quote]JP1994 wrote:
Hey guys, if any of you have been following me, you would know I’ve been trying to get into the army, but due to muscle mass I can’t join as I’m only 16 and because it’s the british army’s BMI of 27 regulation haha.[/quote]
Um… let’s review your training history.

Back in May, I explained in another thread of yours how you’d been program-hopping (three different training plans over the course of 12 weeks) and that workout ADD was the cause of your minimal progress.

In another thread, barely three months ago, you ended a thread by saying:
“I don’t mean to be an ass. I’ve took your advice and I’m going to stick to one routine, I’ll come back in 3 months with mass, and no more posts on here about any damn training routine.”

But last month, just 6 weeks after declaring that you’d stick to a program for three teeny-weeny months, you changed things again.


(Granted, you’re joining the military and I respect you for that, but let’s set it aside for a minute.)

Also in May, your said your strength levels hadn’t changed much from February and your maxes were:

“290lbs - 1 x 5 squat.
220lbs - 1 x 5 deadlift.
176lbs - 1 x 5 Bench.
100lbs - 1 x 5 OHP.
154lbs - 1 x 5 Rows.”

Right now, today, what are your current maxes on those same exercises? And what is your current bodyweight?

Before anyone else invests more time in answering your questions, I think it’s only fair for you to explain whether or not the advice you received in the past was put to any use or if it was a waste of the time of anyone who chose to contribute.

What you say “appreciated”, but what I hear is “ignored”. You’ve asked for help many times before, you’ve been given help many times before, and you’ve ignored that help many times before.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
JP, I swear on Jessica Biels’s nectarine-like ass that if you lived in New York, I would buy a puppy and give it to you, just so I could kick it in the teeth. Holy shit, man, you are one frustrating kiddo.

[quote]JP1994 wrote:
Hey guys, if any of you have been following me, you would know I’ve been trying to get into the army, but due to muscle mass I can’t join as I’m only 16 and because it’s the british army’s BMI of 27 regulation haha.[/quote]
Um… let’s review your training history.

Back in May, I explained in another thread of yours how you’d been program-hopping (three different training plans over the course of 12 weeks) and that workout ADD was the cause of your minimal progress.

In another thread, barely three months ago, you ended a thread by saying:
“I don’t mean to be an ass. I’ve took your advice and I’m going to stick to one routine, I’ll come back in 3 months with mass, and no more posts on here about any damn training routine.”

But last month, just 6 weeks after declaring that you’d stick to a program for three teeny-weeny months, you changed things again.


(Granted, you’re joining the military and I respect you for that, but let’s set it aside for a minute.)

Also in May, your said your strength levels hadn’t changed much from February and your maxes were:

“290lbs - 1 x 5 squat.
220lbs - 1 x 5 deadlift.
176lbs - 1 x 5 Bench.
100lbs - 1 x 5 OHP.
154lbs - 1 x 5 Rows.”

Right now, today, what are your current maxes on those same exercises? And what is your current bodyweight?

Before anyone else invests more time in answering your questions, I think it’s only fair for you to explain whether or not the advice you received in the past was put to any use or if it was a waste of the time of anyone who chose to contribute.

What you say “appreciated”, but what I hear is “ignored”. You’ve asked for help many times before, you’ve been given help many times before, and you’ve ignored that help many times before.[/quote]

Yeah, but this is what I’m saying dude, I was following the last split I put up… a 4 day split, and I was on that for 3 months bro, before I signed up for the army and started running, so it’s a bit different now.

I’ve used loads of information you guys have used. and told me, but this is different.
This will actually keep me on track now because I’m training for a job.

I don’t even know my current lifts, I haven’t hit weights in ages, i’m concentrating on bodyweight exercises and running.

I’ve dropped a lot of weight since I was last here, I’ve gone from 184 altogether down to 173.

I was actually doing really well man tbh, I had bulked up 4 pounds, and I had been keeping to a solid routine… I was doing a 4 day split, which proved well for me, but I gave up because of my impatience and because the army was a much bigger thing for me bro.

Interesting your “low carb diet” has 2 pieces of toast, sugar-loaded jam, an unspecified quantity of yogurt and a “tortilla wrap” that probably has a 50g of carbs from flour. Oh yeah and a “low calorie breakfast bar” that is a solid sugar/grain source as well I’m sure.

A) more strength training. At least 2 days a week of heavy lifts on big muscle groups (chest/back day 1, quads/hams day 2). Please don’t say strength training is a waste because you don’t want strength - Strength training works for every goal, it’s food consumption that determines weight loss/gain. Unless you don’t care about losing muscle with the fat, then proceed with the cardio/circuits or whatever.

B) You don’t eat enough. Starving yourself forces body into fat conservation mode. This is why you have stalled.

C) Look up the nutrition info (carb grams) on every one of those items. The banana, bread and tortilla alone probably add up to 100g… so you could easily be pushing 150 per day. Drop it to below 50.

Google Palumbos Keto diet… follow that according to your current stats and increase cardio as needed 5-10 minutes at a time until you reached below the BMI.

I doubt this guy is even from Wales because unless there is another Wales near California folks there don’t say stuff like “dude” and “bro”! Lol.

True, but he spells yogurt wrong and eats like a girl, so he must be from Britain*

  • (minus scotland)

[quote]JP1994 wrote:
Hey guys, if any of you have been following me, you would know I’ve been trying to get into the army, but due to muscle mass I can’t join as I’m only 16 and because it’s the british army’s BMI of 27 regulation haha.
[/quote]

So the muscle mass you’re showing in your avatar is what’s keeping you above 27?

Eat nothing but nuts and fish until you crave veggies. Then eat nuts, fish and veggies. Eat that until you crave chicken.