Low Carb Diet Carbs/Calories?

I’m currently following Thib’s low carb diet to get to 10% or lower.

I have lost about 11lbs in the last 6 weeks. I have however, noticed that my fat loss is slowing down.

I was taking in exactly 2000 calories a day.

What should I lower it to? Or should I just keep it at 2K and add a morning cardio session 30 mins or so?

Also for morning cardio what should I eat before or after if I plan on working out later in the day.

This is all on low carb less than 50 grams a day.

These love handles and belly flab is seriously pissing me off. I theorically have 4 weeks left of dieting, but I won’t be under 10% at this rate.

Have you had a carb-up/cheat day? This usually kick-starts fat loss again. Just make sure you don’t go too crazy and do not do this often.

If it were me, I would probably add a bit of slow cardio instead of lowering calories–just because I like food and I don’t mind extra exercise. Treat your post-cardio nutrition the same as you would post-workout. Pre-workout is where things get iffy. You can try some aminos or even a little bit of fat before cardio and then eventually drop it and go fasted before cardio to speed up fat loss when it slows down again.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=811783

Are you actually cycling, or keeping carbs < 50 g/day continuously ?

Coffee and cream before low-intensity morning cardio.

Normal diet meal after morning cardio.

And patience. Fat loss WILL slow down.

Also, if you haven’t tried Thib’s Destroying Fat workout, give it a try.

I am not cycling. Keeping <50 carbs a day.

I’ve been at it for 7 weeks and so far have lost 15lbs.

My arms are still basically the same size, and the gut is gone. However, I still have love handle and fat or skin on the lower stomach.

I am lowering the calories further and doing Thib’s Regressive Ketogenic diet, for the next 3 weeks.

We’ll see how it goes.

If you’ve only been at it 7 weeks then you’ve likely hit a dry spot, it happens, keep doing what you’re doing and wait, results will come. If after a few weeks of nothing try the carb up day, that helped me over a few hills during my fat loss.