T Nation

Low Carb Buffets

I’m planning a future bulk after I finish with the V-Diet and I’m planning on going strict low-carb (only carbs coming from veggies, nuts, and low-carb protein shakes). I’m planning on hitting some buffets, however most places serve carby, poor bodybuilding foods.

In general can a low-carber buffet?

Do any of you guys know places to buffet low-carb style? I tried Asian Buffet but all the chicken was breaded or laden with sugary sauces. Maybe a morning buffet? (all eggs and sausage/bacon)

Minneapolis area if that helps…

I take it that you’re bulking low-carb style to avoid fat gain. However, I think your intentions for going to a buffet is to get alot of food for your money (duh). My point here is… your still going to pack on fat pigging out at a buffet whether its low carb or not. The excess calories will have to be stored.

With that said, try to find some sort of seafood buffet.

Well. You know. There is always pocketing food for later… jk(maybe)

If your going to a buffet, the dirty bulk is inevitable… Especially at an Asian Buffet, nothing but soggy orange chicken, greasy fatty beef and ribs, overly cooked and salty veggies, hard stale sushi, and finally lack luster dessert section nothing but jello and fortune cookies. yes I been to a few back in the days. Just give yourself a “cheat buffet” night.

When I say low-carb I mean high fat, so greasy stuff isn’t a problem. I’ve done low-carb bulking before so this isn’t new to me. I just want a place where I can pack down as much meat as I want. I like the seafood place idea.

brazilian all you can eat meat on a stick

/thread

• Rodizio Style Grills aka Churrascarrias (sp?). Flat fee and unlimited fresh spit roasted meat and salads.
  • All-you can eat sushi places that serve sashimi.
  • Grocery Store hot food counter. $3 for a whole roasted chicken (ask for BBQ sauce carbs though)
  • All you can eat wing (un-breaded) nights at pubs and bars (hot sauce may have carbs…ask)

Tip: Hit a heavy leg workout and then go to one of those places that gives challenges like 72 oz steaks etc.

If your lucky you have a korean bbq or brazilian bbq in your area.

Mongolian grills are great (the ones around are all you can eat too, although at dinner time they cost around $10/person) - you go in and pick all the raw meat, veggies, and oil you want on your food and then they cook it for you. A seafood buffet could work too, but a lot of times they bread the crap out of everthing so you’ll have a lot less selection.

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:
Mongolian grills are great (the ones around are all you can eat too, although at dinner time they cost around $10/person) - you go in and pick all the raw meat, veggies, and oil you want on your food and then they cook it for you. A seafood buffet could work too, but a lot of times they bread the crap out of everthing so you’ll have a lot less selection.[/quote]

WINNER! GODDAMN MONGORIANS TEAR DOWN MY SHITTY WARWL

Just go AD style and use the buffet as your carb up day. I should start a thread about buffets, cuz I gots some tips…

Fogo de Chão.