Low Carb Brownies

Hey guys, this recipe is so good that I just HAD to post it. I can’t take credit for it though, I got it from the back of a Splenda box though. Here it is:

2/3 cup Low Carb Chocolate GROW!
2/3 cup sugar substitute (Splenda recommended)
1/3 cup unsweetend cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup margarine or butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

First, combine your sugar substitute, protein, cocoa, baking powder and salt and set it aside. Then in a mixer bowl beat your margarine/butter, eggs, and vanilla for 1 minute. Add the applesauce and beat until just blended. Stir in the powdered mixture and nuts until just blended. Spread evenly in a greased pan. Bake at 350 F for about 15 minutes or until the tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack and store in a covered container in the fridge.

Wait, the back of a splenda box said to use GROW! ? or did you add that yourself ? lol

What’s the nutrition facts on this? Sounds interesting and beats eating the same thing all day.

[quote]Neya wrote:
Wait, the back of a splenda box said to use GROW! ? or did you add that yourself ? lol[/quote]

Haha actually the back of the box says flour, but I substituted chocolate GROW! instead, and it actually tastes better with the GROW!

[quote]nascentbeing wrote:
What’s the nutrition facts on this? Sounds interesting and beats eating the same thing all day.[/quote]

Well I’m not sure but I can give you the original nutrition facts (with flour instead of protein):

per 23.6 g :

Energy: 85 cal
Carbs: 7 g
Protein: 2 g
Fat: 6 g
Dietary Fibre: 1 g

If you’re substituting GROW! instead of flour though your carbs would be lower and protein content higher.

Yes now i can eat bud brownies and still watch my figure…

How many brownies does the recipe make? Assuming the serving size quoted is one brownie we can do the math and get the adjusted values…

Oh yeah sorry, the nutritional info says 23.4 g which should be about one brownie. It says to cut it into 16.