Low Carb = Bacne?

Whenever i go really low carb i break out on my back and chest like a mofo. when i have carbs in me (even just 150-200grams) i dont break out. does anyone know the cause of this? i was thinking it was the increase in fat, but even when i go low carb moderate fat high protein, same story.

It could be stress.

[quote]Moon Knight wrote:
It could be stress.[/quote]

naw i dont think so.

Were you on a low fat diet before hand ?

its all genetics and differs person to person.

i break out due to stress one week later.

finals week at college…clear skin, vacation, i looked like a 13yr old.

showers help…but you knew that; right? :wink: j/k

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Were you on a low fat diet before hand ?

[/quote]

moderate… like 60 grams a day.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
its all genetics and differs person to person.

i break out due to stress one week later.

finals week at college…clear skin, vacation, i looked like a 13yr old.

showers help…but you knew that; right? :wink: j/k[/quote]

oh CRAP! dude your telling me that i need to take showers?? oh man thats whats wrong with me. ;]

it’s the reverse for me

excess carbs → excess inflammation and oil → breakouts more in any area that is frequently sweaty like forehead

if i’m wrong and someone can find some science behind what types of diets produce more/less face and/or body acne…please f*cking share it.

i look like a 15yr old before prom who just took his face out of a pile of bacon grease right now.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
if i’m wrong and someone can find some science behind what types of diets produce more/less face and/or body acne…please f*cking share it.[/quote]

You’re not wrong. Studies have repeatedly been unable to find a correlation between dietary factors and acne management.

Maybe you could try to make acne “cool”.

If I eat a VLCKD, my skin is freakin’ perfect!
If I so much as touch a starchy carb, I get crazy acne.
If diet affects hormones, isn’t it obvious that diet can also affect acne?

this may be an oversimplified answer, but is there anything in your daily diet that you could be allergic to?

S

[quote]B rocK wrote:
if i’m wrong and someone can find some science behind what types of diets produce more/less face and/or body acne…please f*cking share it.

i look like a 15yr old before prom who just took his face out of a pile of bacon grease right now.

[/quote]

• drink lots of water, nothing else (except for PWO)

• DON’T drink near or during meal time

• remove all food sensitivities and allergies (might need a comprehensive test for this)

• wake up early, go to sleep early

• remove all simple sugars except for vegetables and PWO

• mega dose fish oil

• lots of vegetables to counteract all the animal protein and fat you eat (i am not anti-fat)

• most importantly a diet that is highly net anti-inflammatory, once again accomplished by lots of vegetables, nuts, seeds, olive oil and fish oil with minimal grains and no processed crap

as for facial hygiene

• don’t rub or manually dry your face when you get out of the shower, let it dry itself

• avoid cleansers with: sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, fragrances, colors, harsh surfactants/detergents

• this means that most cleansers are out of the picture including anything with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide (dry out your face and make it red), i use spectrogel myself with good results

I think Berardi wrote an article in 2007 called “The Clear Skin Diet” or something like that. Check the archives and see if you find any useful information.

[quote]B rocK wrote:

[/quote]

and what diet are you doing?

Fish oils help. I never really had or get acne, but i do breakout every now and then. If I’m taking a grip of fish oils or eating my good ol amount of tilapia I seem to have great skin.

something that might be worth a try…

DG

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
this may be an oversimplified answer, but is there anything in your daily diet that you could be allergic to?

S
[/quote]

nothing really changes other then dropping my carbs and adding fats…must be the fats

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Fish oils help. I never really had or get acne, but i do breakout every now and then. If I’m taking a grip of fish oils or eating my good ol amount of tilapia I seem to have great skin.

something that might be worth a try…

DG[/quote]

im taking a ton a fish oil and Flameout and 3 of my meals are tilapia.

• drink lots of water, nothing else (except for PWO)
    check, 2-3 gallons

• DON’T drink near or during meal time
    check

• remove all food sensitivities and allergies (might need a comprehensive test for this)
    idk if im allergic to anything

• wake up early, go to sleep early
    go to sleep at 8 wake up at 4 (open a gym)

• remove all simple sugars except for vegetables and PWO
    none whatsoever

• mega dose fish oil
    check

• lots of vegetables to counteract all the animal protein and fat you eat (i am not anti-fat)
    check

• most importantly a diet that is highly net anti-inflammatory, once again accomplished by lots of vegetables, nuts, seeds, olive oil and fish oil with minimal grains and no processed crap
    the only fat i eat is from yolks, seeds, nuts, fish oil, saflower oil
    as for facial hygiene

• don’t rub or manually dry your face when you get out of the shower, let it dry itself

• avoid cleansers with: sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, fragrances, colors, harsh surfactants/detergents

• this means that most cleansers are out of the picture including anything with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide (dry out your face and make it red), i use spectrogel myself with good results

then go get a decent allergy test, by that i mean ones that test IgG levels instead of the antiquated “scratch” test

food sensitivities can be mild enough that you won’t “feel” it but it can show up as skin inflammation or increased oil production