Low Bar Squat Wrist Mobility

[quote]Reed wrote:
Wrist Wraps help me tremendously. Since bringing in my hand placement they are pretty much a needed thing once the wieght gets heavy. Chalking your back is also never a bad idea. I would need to see a video of you racking and unracking to really say something on the bar falling.[/quote]

It just slipped off I guess, I can put up a video of the rack/unrack, but you’ll just see a proper rack/unrack, like I said it only happened twice and I’m pretty sure I just relaxed because I was happy that I got the lift or something and so the weight shifted from my back to my wrists.

What kind of wraps do you use Reed? Are there different kinds?

Wrist Wraps I use the same ones I bench with which are the Lifting Larger Parallel Breakers or EliteFTS Super Heavies i wrap them about as tight as I would for bench. For knee wraps I use the Iron Rebel Rhinos.

Haldor have you thought that the bar might be falling off/hurting your arms when you re-rack because when you’re re-racking it you’re standing more upright, and obviously when low bar’ing you need to have more of a forward lean so you need to make sure you keep that lean the whole time from unracking it to re-racking it? Just an idea!

[quote]rusty92 wrote:
Haldor have you thought that the bar might be falling off/hurting your arms when you re-rack because when you’re re-racking it you’re standing more upright, and obviously when low bar’ing you need to have more of a forward lean so you need to make sure you keep that lean the whole time from unracking it to re-racking it? Just an idea! [/quote]

Um, haven’t noticed. Will check, thanks man.

Use wrist wraps and learn how to make your back tight without putting all the tension through your wrists and arms.

My low back squats are often times only held by 2 or 3 fingers because my mobility stinks… doesn’t mean my back isn’t tight and I’ve never lost a bar.

[quote]Haldor wrote:

[quote]rusty92 wrote:
Haldor have you thought that the bar might be falling off/hurting your arms when you re-rack because when you’re re-racking it you’re standing more upright, and obviously when low bar’ing you need to have more of a forward lean so you need to make sure you keep that lean the whole time from unracking it to re-racking it? Just an idea! [/quote]

Um, haven’t noticed. Will check, thanks man.[/quote]

This is what I suspected and why I wanted to see the video. Im willing to bet thats exactly what caused it.

However close you can get your hands to your shoulders with straight wrists, you can get them closer if you let your wrists break.

Wear wraps if this bothers you. Pull your elbows down and towards each other and tighten your lats.

Squatting is technical enough as it is, don’t create extra shit to stress about.

I know what Starting Strength says, but World Record holders and heavy squatters the world around disagree.

Point #1: nobody is going to judge your depth based on how straight your wrists are.

Point #2: you don’t have to have your hands in as far as they will go to get tight. You can get tight without having an extremely close grip on the bar.

Solution: move your hands out a bit, maybe half an inch. If that doesn’t improve it, then move them out half an inch from there. If you get to a point where you feel like you cannot maintain tightness, then move them back in. The rest is going to be rest, ice, compression, elevation, NSAIDS, and some home PT.