Low Bar Positioning

Can someone please provide a picture or video of the difference between low bar and high bar squatting. I’ve watched Squat Rx, googled images etc but whenever I try I can only seem to get the bar to sit at one place on my back, right across the traps,

I try to slide it down a little so it sits across the back of my shoulders if that makes sense but it feels like it would rip my arms off if I tried a set. Any help is appreciated.

You may not be able to low bar squat right away… you really need to build your upper back up a lot to do it without pain. Lots of band pull aparts and shrugs ive found have helped a great deal. I’d check the video section over at elitefts.com.

[quote]JLu wrote:
I can only seem to get the bar to sit at one place on my back, right across the traps,

I try to slide it down a little so it sits across the back of my shoulders if that makes sense but it feels like it would rip my arms off if I tried a set. Any help is appreciated.[/quote]

I feel ya!
You can try to hold the bar a bit wider(if you’re not at the knots already),but remember to keep your elbows forward. Do work to improve your shoulder mobility and be patient. It took me several years before I could carry the bar low without problems.

Instead of sliding, try rolling it down. Be careful and go slow so you can stop the roll. You’ll eventually be able to get it where you want.

It takes a little while to get used to. The first few times I tried it, I hated it. Good thing I was at a PL gym and was forced into it.

Hmm, ok thanks for the responses I’ll give it a while I guess if some people take years lol.