T Nation

Loving Beyond 1.1

Jim...

I'm currently doing Beyond 1.1 and think it's fantastic. Hit 3 PRs on the squat, and the program as a whole, including the weighted vest, all flows together beautifully.

Two questions:

1) Would you program a deload in between 1.1 and 1.2, or does the fifth week of 1.1 basically count as enough of a light week?

2) For a woman doing this program, would you suggest adding 2.5 pounds and 5 pounds to the upper-body and lower-body TMs, as I've seen you suggest before, or should a female stick to the 5 and 10-pound increases?

Thank you

Obviously not Jim but I have a female training partner. After stalling the worst on overhead pressing she finally started seeing great results using 2.5 lb jumps on the upper body lifts and 5 lb jumps on lower body movements.

Best of luck!

Thanks. Curious if anybody who has done Beyond 1.1 through 1.4 specifically added a deload in between each of the four blocks. Or if the reduced intensity in the fifth week was enough of a break and they were able to jump right into the next block?

I have just began Beyond 1.1 and I am also interested in regards to a deload week between each cycle.

[quote]tmiller197431 wrote:
Jim…

I’m currently doing Beyond 1.1 and think it’s fantastic. Hit 3 PRs on the squat, and the program as a whole, including the weighted vest, all flows together beautifully.

Two questions:

1. Would you program a deload in between 1.1 and 1.2, or does the fifth week of 1.1 basically count as enough of a light week?

2. For a woman doing this program, would you suggest adding 2.5 pounds and 5 pounds to the upper-body and lower-body TMs, as I’ve seen you suggest before, or should a female stick to the 5 and 10-pound increases?

Thank you[/quote]

1. Do the program as written. It has everything that is needed.

2. It has zero to do with her gender - it has everything to do with her strength level. Use your best judgement and see what is best for her.

Thank you to Jim and the others. Just finishing the first block now, and looking to the next blocks, I can see how well thought out the whole program is, so it’s great to get direct feedback from the man who put it all together.