Love Your Workout Programs!

Long time reader, and recently started on the Biotest supplements and i’m seeing great results.
I’ve done your 6 weeks to superhero program, Built for strength, and in general mostly like to apply your training methods. But the new gym i’m in right now, its hard for me to do the circuits for the above programs i mentioned.

I’ve recent went through all your older articles too and re saw you single rep workout for growth, and I like you really enjoy the lower rep range for explosive power.

So with that in mind, had a question to see which workout program is your favorite that you go back to time & time again?
Also i love the pump work after heavy training so I’ve going to use the shoulder, and back growth training sets.
With the Plazma, Mag-10, and Indigo-3G stack, the recovery is so nice i can get much more workout in!

Thanks a bunch from a long time fan!

[quote]getpaked wrote:
Long time reader, and recently started on the Biotest supplements and i’m seeing great results.
I’ve done your 6 weeks to superhero program, Built for strength, and in general mostly like to apply your training methods. But the new gym i’m in right now, its hard for me to do the circuits for the above programs i mentioned.

I’ve recent went through all your older articles too and re saw you single rep workout for growth, and I like you really enjoy the lower rep range for explosive power.

So with that in mind, had a question to see which workout program is your favorite that you go back to time & time again?
Also i love the pump work after heavy training so I’ve going to use the shoulder, and back growth training sets.
With the Plazma, Mag-10, and Indigo-3G stack, the recovery is so nice i can get much more workout in!

Thanks a bunch from a long time fan!
[/quote]

I do not have a favorite program. In fact MYSELF I never really follow a program. I use programs for clients (but even then I do adapt it depending on what I’m seeing in the gym).

I personally use a general structure and have a goal for each session. I pretty much know what loading schemes I will use on a given day but depending on how my body feels and responds to training I make modifications in the gym.

Obviously I can’t do that with online programs. The online programs all work very well and are based on strategies that I use(d) with clients and athletes. But I can’t say that I have a favorite one.

And I never PERSONALLY go back to a program … mostly because I don’t follow a strictly structure program. I look at training from a problem solving angle, not a programming angle. I have a problem to fix and work on at every session, I build the session to solve that problem and adapt it depending on if the selected strategy is working or not. Because of that I rarely train the exact same way for a significant length of time because if I know what I’m doing my “problems” get solves and I focus on something else.

I know it’s not the answer you want to hear because you are likely looking for a cookie cutter approach: the program that is sure to give you optimal results (most people who are attracted to a highly structured plan are attracted because they are insecure about what they are doing in the gym). But really that’s not how I work. And the programs I design for online publications are normally designed as a short or mid term approach to fix a certain issue or accomplish a certain, specific goal.

Thank you for the reply!
Funny, i kinda of understand what you mean.
Yes, it may not of been the cookie cutter answer, but the answer works well. Makes me think a bit. I like to know what i’m doing before i head into the gym, but it’s hard for me to stay on a program for over a month. I like to find a workout that gets me excited to go to the gym, and i’ll see the results from performance, and/or appearance.

I did try the growth shoulder training and it was very good! I think i’ll enjoy it more as my body gets used to the movement a bit in the complexes.
I’m looking forward to doing the growth back complexes.
Hope to see your book out soon.
As i mentioned, i like your lift heavy, work on performance, and still look like a bodybuilder approach workouts and articles, so thanks again!