T Nation

Love How Black Fighters Are Described...

…as Athletic.

or explosive and athletic. lol.

We had a drinking game everytime Rogan calls a black fighter “explosive” or “athletic”. You also take a drink everytime he compares them to Kevin Randleman. Good way to lube up.

hahahahah

ha, very good

“All black folk look alike, just call me Gary Goodridge.” ~ Rampage

Yeah, I’ve noticed it a lot of late. Not that white guys don’t get stereotyped. When Tim Dwight was at the peak of his return duties, I’d constantly hear about his “sneaky speed.” What? White guys can’t be fast?

This is an example of “The buttered side of the toast always lands on the ground” fallacy. You only notice when it occurs, not when it doesn’t occur.

In the Burkman-Parisian, Rogan described Parisian as “explosive.” He always describes GSP as “explosive” and “athletic.”

And usually the adjective fits. Does anyone here want to make the case that Kevin Randleman or Anthony Johnson or Melvin Guillard are NOT explosive?

Nah, he just uses those terms to decribe fighters that can’t defend a submssion to save their lives( ie: Randleman, Guillard)

No i noticed that he says it with GSP…
but take an explosive white guy thats from the midwest and he always has “farm strength”

(the day a hispanic fighter gets described as having “border speed” is when its gone way too far)

I think explosive, is a politer way of saying, he goes apeshit.

The word ‘calculating’ means he actual has skill.

And the word ‘explosive’ means he likes to go apeshit and often wins.

Example, when Fedor fought Randleman, Randleman, (was explosive/went apeshit) and (was calculating/used his skill).

Just a thought.

oh man “apeshit” in reference to black fighters would not go over well lol

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:
but take an explosive white guy thats from the midwest and he always has “farm strength”

Rogan is THE worst commentator in sports today. He’s a total ass clown.[/quote]

I don’t think Rogan is bad at all. He’s grown on me a lot. For the tight leash Zuffa puts on guys he does a decent enough job, and most importantly he actually understands submission grappling which is the hardest part for most people to grasp.

Bill Goldberg is without a doubt the worst commentator…not even close. I can’t look at youtube right now but someone posted a compilation of his f-up’s that is hilarious. His interview with Phil Baroni where Baroni pulls down his shorts and whips out his dong to show Goldberg his torn groin is one of the most classic moments in sports interviews I have ever seen.

second that, rogan is ok. You should see german commentators…

part 1
http://subfighter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67548&highlight=goldberg+moments
part 2
http://www.subfighter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68107&view=next&sid=728b341c256ac615c22e99cd0a4e8015

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
(the day a hispanic fighter gets described as having “border speed” is when its gone way too far)[/quote]

hahaha

Yeah, I think to OP hears it only because he’s looking hard for it. GSP is synonymous with the word “explosive”. I don’t often equate that with going apeshit, as a lot of guys tend to go that route (WEC’s Doug Marshall, Ol’ Skool Vitor Belfort, etc…) Let’s find some other conspiracy to talk about.

Like why in the hell is Mark Coleman still trying to fight!?! LMAO!!! As for Joe Rogan, give the dude a break! He is knowledgeable, he’s passionate, and he’s a practioner in BJJ. He doesn’t do a bad job at all. His voice is a lil annoying, but oh well. It could be worse…

Blathletic, IMO

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:

Rogan is THE worst commentator in sports today. He’s a total ass clown.

I don’t think Rogan is bad at all. He’s grown on me a lot. For the tight leash Zuffa puts on guys he does a decent enough job, and most importantly he actually understands submission grappling which is the hardest part for most people to grasp.

Bill Goldberg is without a doubt the worst commentator…not even close. I can’t look at youtube right now but someone posted a compilation of his f-up’s that is hilarious. His interview with Phil Baroni where Baroni pulls down his shorts and whips out his dong to show Goldberg his torn groin is one of the most classic moments in sports interviews I have ever seen.[/quote]

I agree. When Goldberg is commentating I often find myself cringing in embarrassment for him. While I appreciate the enthusiasm he exhibits for the sport, he should not be doing interviews and only commentating once in awhile…like once every four years.

Phil Baroni is obviously gay.