T Nation

Love Handles

Hello all. My question is simple. What is the best way to attack stubborn love handles. I've been lifting for a while now and have made decent gains and have muscle mass that I am pleased with so far, but I have had love handles my entire life. I hate them, they make me self conscious, and I want them gone as fast as possible.

They have gotten a lot smaller over the past year, but I've been stalled out for about three months with no change. My diet is changing up Monday, but I wanted some advice On a program to run with my diet so that I can make the process as fast as possible while retaining, or even gaining muscle (which I understand is difficult).

I know I cannot spot reduce and that it wont happen overnight, but any advice is greatly appreciated and I am willing to put in some serious work.

Read The Stubborn Fat Solution by Lyle McDonald. (no financial interest)

[quote]bsurber4 wrote:
They have gotten a lot smaller over the past year, but I’ve been stalled out for about three months with no change.[/quote]
What’s your current height, weight, and general fat level (do you have any muscle definition in shoulders, arms, legs, abs)? How has your bodyweight changed in these last three months?

What was your diet and what will be your diet?

How have you been training for the last three months, and before that?

I know that’s a ton of questions, but it’s nearly impossible to offer more advice without knowing more about the situation, what you’ve been doing, and exactly what “hasn’t” been working.

Depends who you ask.