Louie Simmons....WTF?

So from that little YouTube video you concluded that Louie Simmons is a sell out. Wow, people amaze me from time to time. And additionally, what’s wrong with becoming Crossfit certified?!? There are a variety of different training styles out there available to everyone. Just because you may not enjoy/like/believe in a particular system doesn’t mean that they are worthless or are completely useless to everyone.

As far as training is concerned I think people need to be more proactive on finding new and different ways to train in order to find out which system they not only like but what works for them. You can only do that if you have a variety of training methods to choose from, whether it is powerlifting, Olympic Lifting, bodybuilding, CrossFit, Military Athlete, I Bodybuilder, EDT, the list goes on…variety is the spice of life.

You need to just pick and choose at things that work for you. I prefer to incorporate a variety of training methods into my programming. It keeps things from getting stale and boring. I prefer straight up bodybuilding, but I have no problem adding in CrossFit or any of the other popular programs as long as they are well thought out and planned for in my goal set.

To say that Louie Simmons has sold out and become a purely CrossFit oriented trainer is pure retarded. Especially from such an insignificant clip like this…

v/ur

Gremlin

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

Right, because a Abdominal-Core workout is VERY useful for a powerlifter…

I like your pics of a bunch of famous people that arent you
[/quote]

My pics have been up on this site numerous times.

And I’m sorry. I didn’t know that powerlifters never worked their abs. Thanks for showing everyone the light…

dipshit.

[/quote]

Your core is your HIPS not your Ab dumb fuck. Rectus Abdominis jack ass, its singular, one muscle.

TIP: How you know someone doesnt know shit about training, they think your “abs” are your core…

Do some research before you try to talk shit

NOTE: Kettlebells have been around for about a hundred years, Simmons doesnt use them till their a fad. Hence me using the word “Sell out”

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[quote]dumbbellhead wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:
So I Googled him and everything I came across was bad ass. How hard did you have to search to find this? Do you have some sort of motive?[/quote]

Well yeah, he’s the founder of Westside barbell. I didnt search for the vid at all, it was on my “recommended videos” in my youtube account. I study Louie and Westside religiously. Its just sad to see that he’s willing to sell out for money and to keep his name current. [/quote]

Sell out? Sell out? He sold out by finding a use for kettlebells? He sold out by finding a use for another apparatus?

You, some guy on the internet, have the audacity to call out Louie Simmons and say he sold out for money?

Seriously, who the fuck do you think you are?(that’s not rhetorical)[/quote]

Louie Simmons, a man who has dedicated his life to powerlifting, suddenly gets crossfit certified and uses kettlebells once they become popular. Im pretty sure thats fucking selling out. Thats like a band changing their genre to become main stream. Fucking look at the guy, hes a god damn powerlifter, not some sort of kettlebell mobility freak. Have you never seen a Westside video, or read any Westside literature?

Who the fuck are you?

For god sakes, the man has come to just about as close to mastering the squat as you can get, and he says that movement “builds your hips” if you dont know thats bullshit I dont have much hope for ya
[/quote]

I am no expert when it comes to powerlifting, but it seems to me that mobility has its place in powerlifting.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[quote]dumbbellhead wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:
So I Googled him and everything I came across was bad ass. How hard did you have to search to find this? Do you have some sort of motive?[/quote]

Well yeah, he’s the founder of Westside barbell. I didnt search for the vid at all, it was on my “recommended videos” in my youtube account. I study Louie and Westside religiously. Its just sad to see that he’s willing to sell out for money and to keep his name current. [/quote]

Sell out? Sell out? He sold out by finding a use for kettlebells? He sold out by finding a use for another apparatus?

You, some guy on the internet, have the audacity to call out Louie Simmons and say he sold out for money?

Seriously, who the fuck do you think you are?(that’s not rhetorical)[/quote]

Louie Simmons, a man who has dedicated his life to powerlifting, suddenly gets crossfit certified and uses kettlebells once they become popular. Im pretty sure thats fucking selling out. Thats like a band changing their genre to become main stream. Fucking look at the guy, hes a god damn powerlifter, not some sort of kettlebell mobility freak. Have you never seen a Westside video, or read any Westside literature?

Who the fuck are you?

For god sakes, the man has come to just about as close to mastering the squat as you can get, and he says that movement “builds your hips” if you dont know thats bullshit I dont have much hope for ya
[/quote]

I am no expert when it comes to powerlifting, but it seems to me that mability has its place in powerlifting.

[/quote]

It does, it has a huge place. The exercise is pointless though, hes swinging 10lb kettlebells in a circle, theres no tension release or joint mobility there, and he talks about “building hips.” You dont build hips with what ever the hell that is.

[quote]Russaldo wrote:
personally attack others[/quote]

This is ironic, because you know of the thread you just made.

The guy has been beating the crap out of his body for decades. He could probably benefit from some mobility work, regardless of the package it comes in.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

This is ironic, because you know of the thread you just made.[/quote]

Really?.. You really cant tell the difference between me disagreeing with the actions of a public figure, and someone calling me a dip shit?

TROLLLLLLLL, trying way too hard for responses

Louie Simmons doesn’t sell out.

Louie Simmons doesn’t do shit that doesn’t have a purpose…he’s nearly unarguably the most intelligent strength coach in the world.

Have you ever seen the bamboo bar that he has been using/was selling for years? There goes your argument for Louie never using kettlebells until right now.

Never call out the OG unless you have some very outrageous shit on him

[quote]Russaldo wrote:
Still waiting for a REAL powerlifters opinion on this. Someone that has trained under a Westside program, and knows the flaws of todays physical culture.

To be honest Im almost offended, Louie is one of my heroes because I thought he was just a bad ass powerlifter, no gimmicks no bullshit… but this plus the crossfit thing is just sad.[/quote]

You should probably shut your fucking whore mouth, since I’ll put 500 bucks down that you haven’t trained West side either. I know only a few people on this forum who can claim that, and that includes Louie, Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, and a few other powerlifters. So, unless your ass is sitting on that list, your talking out of it, fuck face.

You wanna talk shit and wait for motherfuckers who have trained on a “Westside” program, you’re gonna be waiting awhile because they don’t give two shits about your punk lady boy ass. I don’t pretend to speak for any of those guys really, but I can tell you what I’ve been told. Unless your ass was in London, Ohio squatting with Louie giving you cues, you have NOT trained under a “Westside” program. And, if you really studied “Westside” and Louie religiously, you’d know this.

You’d know that Westside doesn’t have a program, they do what works and fuck the rest. Westside is an atmosphere, one that I’m sure your punk ass wouldn’t even find itself on the board. So stfu, and get back in the gym and stop talking out your ass on the internet.

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:
I should add that its not so much that hes using kettlebells, that I dont have a problem with, its what hes doing with them. That movement is not even remotely benefiting anyone in the slightest. [/quote]

I like when people call others a “sell out.”

It generally means they’re pretentious young white people who don’t know shit about shit and got put in garbage cans in high school[/quote]

People on this site are so quick to personally attack others, without knowing anything about them. “Pretentious young white people.”

Can I assume your a down to earth, old, non white person?[/quote]

No, but you can assume I’m not some know-nothing college dipshit calling one of the most innovative powerlifters in the last 50 years a “sellout” because he found a use for a fucking kettlbell.

Jesus. Shut the fuck up.[/quote]

[/quote]

Really? Do you see that motherfucking old man’s gut, you think he did that by ignoring his core? Have you ever heard of Dave Tate telling a story about Louie Simmons when Louie spotted him during a PR lift during a meet? You know what Louie told Dave Tate, that he basically needed to work on his core, so if you’re really saying that core work isn’t useful for a powerlifter maybe you should go back and catch up on your third grade reading comprehension?

[quote]Ty Carlson wrote:

Louie Simmons doesn’t do shit that doesn’t have a purpose…he’s nearly unarguably the most intelligent strength coach in the world.

Have you ever seen the bamboo bar that he has been using/was selling for years? There goes your argument for Louie never using kettlebells until right now.

Never call out the OG unless you have some very outrageous shit on him[/quote]

I hadnt seen the bamboo bar till post 2000, its not in any old Westside stuff Ive seen

So Im assuming you support his crossfit cert aswel? You got proof hes been doing that for years.

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[/quote]

My pics have been up on this site numerous times.

And I’m sorry. I didn’t know that powerlifters never worked their abs. Thanks for showing everyone the light…

dipshit.

[/quote]

Your core is your HIPS not your Ab dumb fuck. Rectus Abdominis jack ass, its singular, one muscle.

TIP: How you know someone doesnt know shit about training, they think your “abs” are your core…

Do some research before you try to talk shit[/quote]

You know what’s also part of your core? Your abdominal muscles. You should try some research before you shit your talk.

[quote]Russaldo wrote:
NOTE: Kettlebells have been around for about a hundred years, Simmons doesnt use them till their a fad. Hence me using the word “Sell out”[/quote]

Huh, interesting. I remember hearing about guys at Westside using dumbbells, I guess that must have been at the other Westside, the one without Louie Simmons.

[quote]Russaldo wrote:
Still waiting for a REAL powerlifters opinion on this. Someone that has trained under a Westside program, and knows the flaws of todays physical culture.

To be honest Im almost offended, Louie is one of my heroes because I thought he was just a bad ass powerlifter, no gimmicks no bullshit… but this plus the crossfit thing is just sad.[/quote]

As a powerlifter who has trained in one of the strongest gyms in the country, using westside, and has put up a 705 PR squat (in competition), I think you’re a fuckwit.

Please, for the love of everything holy, shut your fucking mouth.

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

This is ironic, because you know of the thread you just made.[/quote]

Really?.. You really cant tell the difference between me disagreeing with the actions of a public figure, and someone calling me a dip shit?[/quote]

Yes, I can you aren’t giving respect where it is due, and you’re offended because you think you deserve respect.

[quote]Ty Carlson wrote:

Never call out the OG unless you have some very outrageous shit on him[/quote]

Naw man…it can’t be true. You saying Louie Simmons was using kettle bells before kettle bells became a fad? What was that, Louie Simmons taught people how to do Turkish get ups? And, what do you use for Turkish get ups? Wait…what? A fucking kettle bell? No fucking way, my mind just exploded.

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

You should probably shut your fucking whore mouth, since I’ll put 500 bucks down that you haven’t trained West side either. I know only a few people on this forum who can claim that, and that includes Louie, Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, and a few other powerlifters. So, unless your ass is sitting on that list, your talking out of it, fuck face.

You wanna talk shit and wait for motherfuckers who have trained on a “Westside” program, you’re gonna be waiting awhile because they don’t give two shits about your punk lady boy ass. I don’t pretend to speak for any of those guys really, but I can tell you what I’ve been told. Unless your ass was in London, Ohio squatting with Louie giving you cues, you have NOT trained under a “Westside” program. And, if you really studied “Westside” and Louie religiously, you’d know this. You’d know that Westside doesn’t have a program, they do what works and fuck the rest. Westside is an atmosphere, one that I’m sure your punk ass wouldn’t even find itself on the board. So stfu, and get back in the gym and stop talking out your ass on the internet.[/quote]

Thousands of people train with the Westside templet dip shit, once again, quit talking out your ass. Watch a fucking westside video and you’ll see that they do have a base training template.

Get the fucking sand out of your vagina, I posted this vid for discusion, not to hear about how much you hate me as a person.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

As a powerlifter who has trained in one of the strongest gyms in the country, using westside, and has put up a 705 PR squat (in competition), I think you’re a fuckwit.

Please, for the love of everything holy, shut your fucking mouth.[/quote]

Asking for an opinion on the vid there Ace, dont give a fuck what you think about me. Thats a legit squat though, suited or RAW?