Louie Simmons....WTF?

One of the greatest powerlifting coaches of all time… this saddens me.

What does this have to do with anything? Its not like he is sponsoring a shakeweight

[quote]WhiteTiger711 wrote:
What does this have to do with anything? Its not like he is sponsoring a shakeweight[/quote]

True. He did bother to get crossfit certified though…

So I Googled him and everything I came across was bad ass. How hard did you have to search to find this? Do you have some sort of motive?

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:
So I Googled him and everything I came across was bad ass. How hard did you have to search to find this? Do you have some sort of motive?[/quote]

Well yeah, he’s the founder of Westside barbell. I didnt search for the vid at all, it was on my “recommended videos” in my youtube account. I study Louie and Westside religiously. Its just sad to see that he’s willing to sell out for money and to keep his name current.

Uh, how is he selling out exactly? Please explain?

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

So I Googled him and everything I came across was bad ass. How hard did you have to search to find this? Do you have some sort of motive?[/quote]

Well yeah, he’s the founder of Westside barbell. I didnt search for the vid at all, it was on my “recommended videos” in my youtube account. I study Louie and Westside religiously. Its just sad to see that he’s willing to sell out for money and to keep his name current. [/quote]

Or, maybe a guy his age who’s lifted [at a really high level] for as long as he has has become pretty beat up over the years and sees some beneft in the kb’s and in crossfit? Don’t be so quick to judge.

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

Well yeah, he’s the founder of Westside barbell. I didnt search for the vid at all, it was on my “recommended videos” in my youtube account. I study Louie and Westside religiously. Its just sad to see that he’s willing to sell out for money and to keep his name current. [/quote]

Sell out? Sell out? He sold out by finding a use for kettlebells? He sold out by finding a use for another apparatus?

You, some guy on the internet, have the audacity to call out Louie Simmons and say he sold out for money?

Seriously, who the fuck do you think you are?(that’s not rhetorical)

[quote]dumbbellhead wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

Sell out? Sell out? He sold out by finding a use for kettlebells? He sold out by finding a use for another apparatus?

You, some guy on the internet, have the audacity to call out Louie Simmons and say he sold out for money?

Seriously, who the fuck do you think you are?(that’s not rhetorical)[/quote]

Louie Simmons, a man who has dedicated his life to powerlifting, suddenly gets crossfit certified and uses kettlebells once they become popular. Im pretty sure thats fucking selling out. Thats like a band changing their genre to become main stream. Fucking look at the guy, hes a god damn powerlifter, not some sort of kettlebell mobility freak. Have you never seen a Westside video, or read any Westside literature?

Who the fuck are you?

For god sakes, the man has come to just about as close to mastering the squat as you can get, and he says that movement “builds your hips” if you dont know thats bullshit I dont have much hope for ya

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

Louie Simmons, a man who has dedicated his life to powerlifting, suddenly gets crossfit certified and uses kettlebells once they become popular. Im pretty sure thats fucking selling out. Thats like a band changing their genre to become main stream. Fucking look at the guy, hes a god damn powerlifter, not some sort of kettlebell mobility freak. Have you never seen a Westside video, or read any Westside literature?

Who the fuck are you?

For god sakes, the man has come to just about as close to mastering the squat as you can get, and he says that movement “builds your hips” if you dont know thats bullshit I dont have much hope for ya
[/quote]

Seriously, you’re a shit-talking 20-year-old “fuck everybody” “I know better” kid with no photos and no videos and a log that never got started.

Why the fuck would anyone care about your assessment of what Louie Simmons deems important enough to get certified in and what tools he uses to strengthen his hips or his ass or anything else?

The man has enough time under the bar to warrant some fucking respect. If you can’t muster that then fuck off.

I should add that its not so much that hes using kettlebells, that I dont have a problem with, its what hes doing with them. That movement is not even remotely benefiting anyone in the slightest.

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

Who the fuck are you?

[/quote]

Seriously, you’re a shit-talking 20-year-old “fuck everybody” “I know better” kid with no photos and no videos and a log that never got started.

Why the fuck would anyone care about your assessment of what Louie Simmons deems important enough to get certified in and what tools he uses to strengthen his hips or his ass or anything else?

The man has enough time under the bar to warrant some fucking respect. If you can’t muster that then fuck off.[/quote]

Incorrect, I never said I didnt respect him, I respect the fuck out of him. I just think its sad to see him doing something you’d see in a fucking mens health magazine, when hes produced some of the most innovative training methods for powerlifting.

[quote]Russaldo wrote:
I should add that its not so much that hes using kettlebells, that I dont have a problem with, its what hes doing with them. That movement is not even remotely benefiting anyone in the slightest. [/quote]

I like when people call others a “sell out.”

It generally means they’re pretentious young white people who don’t know shit about shit and got put in garbage cans in high school

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:
I should add that its not so much that hes using kettlebells, that I dont have a problem with, its what hes doing with them. That movement is not even remotely benefiting anyone in the slightest. [/quote]

It generally means they’re pretentious young white people who don’t know shit about shit and got put in garbage cans in high school[/quote]

People on this site are so quick to personally attack others, without knowing anything about them. “Pretentious young white people.”

Can I assume your a down to earth, old, non white person?

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

It generally means they’re pretentious young white people who don’t know shit about shit and got put in garbage cans in high school[/quote]

People on this site are so quick to personally attack others, without knowing anything about them. “Pretentious young white people.”

Can I assume your a down to earth, old, non white person?[/quote]

No, but you can assume I’m not some know-nothing college dipshit calling one of the most innovative powerlifters in the last 50 years a “sellout” because he found a use for a fucking kettlbell.

Jesus. Shut the fuck up.

By the way, I like how your training log ends just after “Day 1.”

Nicely done.

Still waiting for a REAL powerlifters opinion on this. Someone that has trained under a Westside program, and knows the flaws of todays physical culture.

To be honest Im almost offended, Louie is one of my heroes because I thought he was just a bad ass powerlifter, no gimmicks no bullshit… but this plus the crossfit thing is just sad.

Still waiting for a REAL powerlifters opinion on this. Someone that has trained under a Westside program, and knows the flaws of todays physical culture.

To be honest Im almost offended, Louie is one of my heroes because I thought he was just a bad ass powerlifter, no gimmicks no bullshit… but this plus the crossfit thing is just sad.

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

Can I assume your a down to earth, old, non white person?[/quote]

No, but you can assume I’m not some know-nothing college dipshit calling one of the most innovative powerlifters in the last 50 years a “sellout” because he found a use for a fucking kettlbell.

Jesus. Shut the fuck up.[/quote]

Right, because a Abdominal-Core workout is VERY useful for a powerlifter…

I like your pics of a bunch of famous people that arent you

[quote]Russaldo wrote:

Right, because a Abdominal-Core workout is VERY useful for a powerlifter…

I like your pics of a bunch of famous people that arent you
[/quote]

My pics have been up on this site numerous times.

And I’m sorry. I didn’t know that powerlifters never worked their abs. Thanks for showing everyone the light…

dipshit.