LouAna Coconut Oil?

I saw a 32 oz jar of coconut oil at Wal Mart while i was looking for MILFs for like 8 dollars

Is it legit?

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
I saw a 32 oz jar of coconut oil at Wal Mart while i was looking for MILFs for like 8 dollars

Is it legit?[/quote]

Wait, did you find a 32oz jar of coconut oil for $8 or did you find MILF’s for $8?

Coconut oil is usually like $8-12 for 16oz and you can find the 54oz ones for like $20-26 or so but these are known brands. I don’t think the brand is to vital, just that you want to make sure it’s extra virgin coconut oil and it should be solid below 76deg and turn to liquid above that.

Vitacost usually has decent prices.

And really, MILF’s at Wal-Mart? up your game son, try a Whole Foods next time.

[quote]Eazy wrote:

Is it legit?[/quote]

Wait, did you find a 32oz jar of coconut oil for $8 or did you find MILF’s for $8?

Coconut oil is usually like $8-12 for 16oz and you can find the 54oz ones for like $20-26 or so but these are known brands. I don’t think the brand is to vital, just that you want to make sure it’s extra virgin coconut oil and it should be solid below 76deg and turn to liquid above that.

Vitacost usually has decent prices.

And really, MILF’s at Wal-Mart? up your game son, try a Whole Foods next time.[/quote]

Lol I wish I could find some MILF for under 100 doll hairs. Sadly we have no WH som stuck at wally world.

Ok. So this oil is solid and melt in the pan. Its white but doesnt smell or taste like coconut. It isnt Virgin either it says “pure”

The nutrition facts look the same upon comparison to other brands.

Im just curious because finding it at that price seems shady…like its the leftovers from the good coconut oil sold elsewhere. Lol

I also bought pure olive oil by mistake…is that cool?

Yeah, I tend to get suspicious if you find something that’s much cheaper than normal. that said, it’s coconut oil, can’t imagine there being an issue.

that said, for the smell/flavor some can be processed a little further to remove that, for those that get turned off by the smell/taste.

Is it legit?[/quote]

Never heard of that brand.

Did you get some digits?

[quote]Eazy wrote:
And really, MILF’s at Wal-Mart? up your game son, try a Whole Foods next time.[/quote]

Seriously.

A Whole Foods located near uppity private colleges always have healthy young broads either working or shopping there.

If it doesn’t smell like coconut, then it’s been processed like any other crappy oil. Use a different brand

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
If it doesn’t smell like coconut, then it’s been processed like any other crappy oil. Use a different brand[/quote]

A reduced smell can also occur as a result of the expeller press process. It doesn’t in and of itself imply damaged oils.

LouAna has been around for a long time and is legitimate. They mainly supply to restaurants so their prices tend to be cheaper; per ounce they’re quite similar to larger sized containers of other brands, such as Nutiva, when they’re on sale.

That being said, the LouAna oils are heated. That process isn’t likely sufficient to damage the actual oils but if one is wary of that, there are other brands one may use.

i stand corrected. wish i could find decent stuff for a reasonable price

Been using LouAna Coconut Oil from Walmart for years and have no complaints. Use LouAna daily as an EFA from a tablespoon or two, or when cooking.

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
i stand corrected. wish i could find decent stuff for a reasonable price[/quote]

Nutiva is 18 GBP for an 858g jar on Amazon. Not terrible.

[quote]Cr Powerlinate wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
i stand corrected. wish i could find decent stuff for a reasonable price[/quote]

Nutiva is 18 GBP for an 858g jar on Amazon. Not terrible. [/quote]

A well known UK supplement site sells organic virgin coconut oil for 10 GBP per 460ml. Been using it for ages.

Have been using a really nice product £8 for 400ml that I get locally. strangely enough, the same thing is going for £15 just across the road

[quote]gkeeper24 wrote:

[quote]Stew wrote:
Been using LouAna Coconut Oil from Walmart for years and have no complaints. Use LouAna daily as an EFA from a tablespoon or two, or when cooking.[/quote]

I saw the cheap price the other day and bought a tub. In comparison to Nutiva, it has a yellow tint, doesn’t taste as good or fresh, and does not cook as well. I guess you get what you pay for.[/quote]

Definitely tough to top Nutiva.

No that stuff is shit. I bought it one time, and it’s processed and tastes nasty.

Louann’s coconut oil doesn’t have the health benefits as extra virgin coconut oil. It is heated during processing and has been bleached. It also has a considerable amount of mycotoxins. That is why it is so cheap. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good quality coconut oil. You might has well be throwing money down the toliet buying Louann’s for health benefits.

[quote]feather319 wrote:
Louann’s coconut oil doesn’t have the health benefits as extra virgin coconut oil. It is heated during processing and has been bleached. It also has a considerable amount of mycotoxins. That is why it is so cheap. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good quality coconut oil. You might has well be throwing money down the toliet buying Louann’s for health benefits.[/quote]

Lets assume that worrying about mycotoxins should be a top priority.

Why would expeller pressed oil be demonstrably better in terms of mycotoxins than heat processed?

[quote]Cr Powerlinate wrote:

[quote]feather319 wrote:
Louann’s coconut oil doesn’t have the health benefits as extra virgin coconut oil. It is heated during processing and has been bleached. It also has a considerable amount of mycotoxins. That is why it is so cheap. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good quality coconut oil. You might has well be throwing money down the toliet buying Louann’s for health benefits.[/quote]

Lets assume that worrying about mycotoxins should be a top priority.

Why would expeller pressed oil be demonstrably better in terms of mycotoxins than heat processed? [/quote]

You got me, but Jarrow is a solid company and theirs is expeller pressed, and LouAna is a lot cheaper, cheaper usually comes at a price, just my gut speaking though :wink: