Losthog—2018 First year

I need a birthday challenge. My birthday is coming up… any suggestions? I’m scared to ask this group y’all will try to kill my old arce.

@lava2007 this could be the comp your begging for…:see_no_evil:.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Mantathlon! It could also be a baseline to which you could judge yourself from year to year.

Post #2 has the actual article link and parameters.

1 Like

This actually looks really fun, I might do this once Im done with my current program. Gaining weight back too, so its gonna be tougher

Looks really cool. I can’t do dips much less with weight :joy:. They kill my elbows and shoulders. I did do some partials or a partial the other day.

I’ll do it maybe during the deload in a little over 2 weeks

Would that count as a deload workout ?:smirk:

44 reps of 440 pounds every 44 minutes for 4.4 days. It’s the only birthday challenge you’re allowed to do.

3 Likes

Nah, thats the warmup for this one ^

@theonecamko @flappinit you guys need to put down the pipe bro.

Ok so it will be on next Wednesday and 44 is the year. It will be OHP day. I could swap bench for OHP or do something OHP related. Like 44 reps of 135 or 115 or something. For OHP not bench. It would be cool to try and get 44 reps of 225 but that may be impossible

You could try 44 reps of .5xBW in as little time as possible.

1 Like

44 reps of 45’s on shoulder press, followed immediately by 44 lateral raises with the 20’s, and 44 rear delt flyes with the 15’s. All for time?

3 Likes

…after drinking 44 beers.

2 Likes

It’s actually not a bad session. I’d consider it a deload session compared to what I normally do.

It seems 44 is a thing here… 44 minutes EMOM of 1 bodyweight deadlift…or squat.

You could also set up an EMOM workout using 80% of your 1RM.

2 reps every minute of Deadlift and OHP or squat and bench or whatever combo you want (2 reps of one exercise minute 1, then 2 reps of the other exercise on minute 2 and so on). You could do all four but that’s only 2 reps every 4 minutes on each one. That’s probably a bit too spread out.

1974 is a very good vintage Hog, I’ll be 44, in one month too. Might have to see how your birthday challenge goes and follow suit ! I was thinking bodyweight on the bar, squats for age (44)

4 Likes

Sounds brutal. 260 for 44 reps. Ugh. I won’t walk for a week

My son said it’s only 5 sets of 8 and a small set of 4
If. If my squat max is 350 then that would be 44 reps of 75ish%.

2 Likes

I’m a bit lighter than you, for me 85kg is about 65% of my est 1RM (130kg). I was actually thinking could I get 44 without racking the bar!!!

2 Likes

The set would take like 15 minutes but surely you could if you have your mind right. Sounds like a nasty good challenge to me.

(Although a person who had their mind right wouldn’t be doing 44 rep squats in the first place)

2 Likes

Squat 220 lbs for 44 reps without racking the bar

2 Likes

Man of steel Challenge
Invented by one of my collegues. He was preparing for a special branch unit.

If you want to completely wipe your self out, try this one.

Bench press 155 pounds (70 kg)
Box jump
Pull ups
KB one arm press each arm 16 kg
KB upright row 24 kg
Deadlift 198 pound (90 kg)
DIP BW
Hanging toe to bar

Perform as at circuit first round 21 reps, second round 18, third 15, 12, 9, 6, 3, you are of course allowed to split each set up, but one exercise must be completed before going to the next.
I did it some 4 or 5 years ago in just under 45 minutes, my friend did it in under 35 minutes…
Your goal as a 44 year old is to finish it in under 44 minutes.

You could do it in 3 rounds 22, 14, 8 = 44 total reps.

3 Likes

Have you guys been reading the 10 minute squat challenge thread? People better than me have tried 135 for 10 minutes without racking the bar and failed.

4 Likes