Losthog- 2019 Redefining Me

You’ve been pretty sick. Not sure that qualifies as a deload as such. Still a ton of stress on your body.

3 Likes

I would start really light for at least a week or 2, you need to let the body recover. Having the squirts for over a week does way more to your system than just not eating properly.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have that feeling of needing to load back into a plan or program and not just jump back in. You saying this just verifies what my body/instincts are telling me.

1 Like

That’s a great offer! Except for this little flu-hiccup, you’re on a roll in the gym. All I’d have to do is not mess you up.

1 Like

03-18-19. F Me squats

Warmup

Comp squat ME:
55x10
105x10
145x10
195x5
235x5
325x1
375x1 (stupid hard rep coming off of 10 days rest)

Down sets: pause in bottom
295x3
295x3
295x5 (tweaked left hammy f me)

DB RDL with 25
X10 x3

Leg extensions:
50x20 x3

I felt like shit today didn’t hit 400 for a single. Wtf. Being sick hurt the shit out of me it looks like. My regular squat has gone backwards in 2 weeks. I hit a 405 on the SSB just 2 weeks ago now I can’t get 405 on the straight bar? Or is it the conjugate system? Being sick? I’m at a loss.

Thinking I’m not getting enough lifts to make progress with the conjugate system. Or I don’t do enough tren for it to work for me.

7 Likes

I think it’s finally time I do this program. I’ve been staring at it for a LONG time.

4 Likes

Me too

Damn dude, just minor I hope! Is that the same one you’ve had problems with before?

I would blame the poor workout on being sick. And picking a tough session for a return to the gym.

2 Likes

Your bad workout is from your illness and down time. Some people feel weak after a complete deload/layoff. I’m one of those people. The 3 x 5 with 40/50/60% from the OG 5/3/1 made me feel terrible the following week. I can’t deload like that and you did even worse - you did nothing.

I felt weak today as well but I think I finally figured out it’s because I’m too depleted.

2 Likes

Yeah a minor tweak I think. Didn’t feel like a major tear. I should have eased back in after 10 days off. I’m too old to be learning rookie mistakes. The clock is ticking and I’m not getting any younger.

Yeah I like to handle heavies during a deload even if it is in the 70-90 percent range. Doing nothing doesn’t work for me.

I’m still a little stuffy head not :100: and it showed up today.

I can’t believe you tried a ME day. I think you’d be better off doing an entire week of DE stuff with lighter loads. Make sure the weights move fast but don’t grind so your CNS doesn’t suffer more.

1 Like

I treated today like a meet was the plan. Like I had reloaded and was going to test all three lifts but after the squat I just mailed in the rest of the day.

My girl hit a 235 in wraps today for a Pr so today wasn’t a total loss

4 Likes

You’ve been really sick mate, it will take time, if you push too quick it will fuck you up.

2 Likes

Damn Hog everybody said it.
It’s okay you’re young, you’ll learn when you grow older :slight_smile:

You’ll be back before you know it, and stronger than ever. IF you do it right.
But it’s damn good that you’re back in the gym.

5 Likes

you’re my idol hog!!! says fuck it and maxes out lol.

1 Like

Hog, you are different !

1 Like

says this after hitting a ton of PRs on multiple lift variations :slightly_smiling_face: being sick takes a lot out of you Hog. Trust me.

2 Likes

Fkn send it, hog

4 Likes

Let’s talk about tomorrow.

Are you going to do a max for upper body? Do you plan to test comp bench and use that number for your DE work going forward? Are you gonna stress about it all day/night? If you miss will you doubt your program?

Or will you just make up some fun press you’ve never tried and hit a guaranteed, no-stress, psycologically rewarding PR?

3 Likes