Losthog- 2019 Redefining Me

KGs, right?

Right?

225 Lbs. It is their opinion. Of which I value. These guys did Goodmornings for 1rm in the 4-600 lbs range and they are saying don’t do it. So take it for what it’s worth

Before anything else I would like to clarify that I do not advocate singles on GMs or low reps without starting from pins.

Personally, I’ve gone up to 190kgs/420lbs off pins for reps with no problems. Getting strong on that helped my deadlifts immensely.

However, I do feel that without pins the good morning exercise is rather risky, and I don’t really like it myself. With pins the movement is great, as long as you set them up at a proper height and don’t squat or bounce the weight up. The latter is crucial if you don’t want to end up in a wheelchair ten years from now.

There’s a nice article on Muscle and Brawn about a guy called Bruce Randall. He swore that doing good mornings made his squat go way up even when not squatting at all. (Although that guy was a genetic marvel, so you may want to be a bit more critical when taking his advice)

I don’t really like giving these cookie cutter rules of “never exceed x amount of weight on this movement”, a far better way of putting it would be “don’t be a dumb cunt”. If 225 is the limit that would mean a small woman could use twice her bodyweight while a huge strongman could use half of his bodyweight. That makes no sense. Yeah, maybe I’m splitting hairs here, but that’s how it’ll be interpreted by people reading it. You get what I mean

3 Likes

All good. Thanks for the information pass along. I’ll keep it in mind!

1 Like

Just measured my legs for the curiosity of it. They have grown 1 inch in the last month. :astonished:. Unbelievable

4 Likes

After my comp in april I’m going to focus on hypertrophy for a while. Would you recommend this legs program?

1 Like

Took me too long to find this. Subbed!

1 Like

Yep this leg program is just right. Challenging and pushes the limit.

For accessories I started on the light side and have progressed the weights each week.

Warning: after volume days I’m sore and can barely walk for two/three days.

1 Like

Sounds good

I look forward to it

1 Like

Haha, the fear of stairs or needing to sit down to take a shit.

1 Like

Nice new log. I’m along for the ride

1 Like

All aboard for 2019, choo choo.

1 Like

All aboard the 2019 gain train!

1 Like

In for the new log! I have some work to do to catch back up with you…

1 Like

01/05/18– Back Blast W5D1 +shoulders

Warmup: band stuff

BB row with 3 sec hold:

45x15
135x5
195x3 x6 (still progressing the weight)

Vertical rows side to side
16 reps x 5 sets

SS
Compound rows: red and green bands/ chins (asstd)

100 (+bands) x 8/ x6
X8/ x5
X8/ x5

Chest supported back flys
15sx10 5 sets

Shirley row (middle back row)
70x10 5 sets

Seated clean and press
20s x10 3 sets

Done in 51 min

Daughter and I had a blast in the gym. She wants/ needs to improve her upper back so she did this with me.

8 Likes

I’m not sure where you’d squeeze it in but I think you’d like some of the techniques I’ve been doing on back day.

Try 21s style reps and 1.5 reps on cable rows. Do 8-10 full reps, then top half reps, then bottom half (or first half).

For 1.5 reps I do the extra half on the contraction. It’s row, let it out halfway, row, all the way out, repeat. If you pick the right weight you might feel your traps working where it attaches to the base of your skull!

1 Like

Thx. I’ll keep that in the mix

12/06/18– Return to pressing after 6 weeks off

Warmup: band blah blah

Incline bench: 4x3 70-80%
45x15
95x10
115x5
135x5
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3

JM press:
45x10
95x8
95x8
95x10
95x12

DB flat bench: run the rack
10x10
15x10
20x10
25x10
30x10
35x10
40x10
50x10
55x10
60x15

Cable crossover:
30x20

Decided to go seated fly style:
30x20

Lat pull down: slow and controlled worked for pump
80x15
80x15
80x15
80x15

Tricep band burn out (push down/ overhead extensions)

Red and green 50ish/green35ish/red30ish

40/25/15

Side delt raise:
15x10 x3

Plate raise:
25x10 x3

Facepulls:
70x20
70x20
70x15
70x20
70x20

Pushups: amrap

8 (shoulder felt off I had more)
1 (shoulder off shut it down)

Pecs and triceps smoldering in a oh so good way! Nice chest workout finally being able to press again!

I’m gonna get on the conjugate lift schedule and stay with the back blast and big wheels program for now. Back has one more week. Legs has 7 weeks left. Then the conjugate will start. Workout schedule will be Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri. With optional conditioning on Tuesday and Thursday. Saturday will be off

8 Likes

Be smart about pressing again, keep it light and don’t go balls out to prevent ripping that sucker again.

1 Like

Yes sir! I plan to stay in the 60-80% range for 7 more weeks. Closely following Perliphen’s chart for optimal number of lifts in that range.

4 Likes