Losthog—2018 First year

What’s that? Please advise

Is this it?

With this

1 Like

Not trying to scare you, but for me shoulder stuff takes forever to fully heal.

Once you’re healthy again I’ve noticed all of the seasoned lifters put back day before chest day because it is supposedly safer to fatigue the back of the shoulder girdle before you train the front.

1 Like

That’s pretty funny there’s ab article with that title, but I was just thinking a general lower body focus while your healing up. Back works too!

1 Like

Great info man. Thanks for the heads up

Today I took my gym bag to work and thought about squatting after work. I had the itch to lift again legs tingling just thinking about going to work…

I held off.

I decided to get more rest and check it on Monday.

7 Likes

seems like the right time for this. can’t push heavy weights every session eternally, if you go for big wheels now maybe you will fok up something else in addition to you shoulder.

1 Like

I’m down 3 lbs in the last two weeks. 272 this morning after a horrific eating night last night. Pasta and brownies.

5 Likes

12/08/18– couldn’t take it anymore Squats

Limber 11 (umm these are good)
BW lunges, squats, jumps

Squat-
45x10
135x5
225x5
275x5
295x5
315x5 (best set of squats I’ve had in a long time)
335x5 ( challenging but not terrible)

Leg Press—
275x10 (too light)
365x9 (this should be my starting weight)
415x6

BB Walking lunges—
65x20
65x20 (glad I didn’t push the weight more than this)
65x20 (sweating like a pig)

Lying hamstring curls (old natulus machine)
90x8 (toes pointed all sets)
110x8
110x8

Stiff legged deficit deadlift
235x8
245x8
245x8 (maybe a touch too heavy)

Some GHR to stretch the Hams

Treadmill 5 min fast walk 1/2 mile

Had a great workout. Felt awesome best workout I’ve had since July. This workout energized me and sparked my energy levels. The time off has done the job ready to get after it again!

I cannot recommend enough if you are feeling ground down to take some time away from the weights!

I’ll start the 6 week back program on Monday and keep working this 12 week to big wheels program.

8 Likes

Time off does wonders hey. Especially if you’ve got a couple of little niggling pains around the place, a week or 2 off will work.

1 Like

Don’t your shoulder hurt when squatting?
Nice WO btw, when you get back to the room, there’s no holding back. Love it Hog.

1 Like

@losthog after trying this today I’d highly recommend:

2 Likes

Since adding in 100 or so band Pullaparts and sometimes other various band work most sessions my shoulders have been perfect, it’s like bloody magic

2 Likes

Band voodoo

1 Like

No shoulder pain when squatting. It’s a movement based issue. The culprit shows up on certain arm position rotations of the shoulder. Mostly the bottom of the bench press.

2 Likes

Then it’s time to get some big wheels :slight_smile: or just rehab that shoulder and occasionally do some big squats

2 Likes

That is the plan. Try to do some back work and leg work. Fit in some sort of pec work if I can but if I can’t ill just let it lag and catch up soon…

4 Likes

12/10/18– Back crusher day 1

Band stuff for the shoulder
Alan thrall 3
Face pulls
Pull aparts
Internal and external rotations
Dislocations
Seatbelts on and off
About 10-15 min band work both shoulders

Rev grip rows with 3 count hold at the top
135x3
185x3x6

One arm row
135x6
105x6x5

Vhandle row with band and stretch (red band)
70x8
110x8x3

Chins
X4
X1
Band assisted chins full range of motion slow and controlled
X6
X6

Bar work on flat bench
Barx20
55x20
55x20

A few demo squats for the Baseball team and it cleared up any stiffness I had from the Saturday squat session. Recovery squats are the shiz. I may need some light squatting a couple of days after the main lift to get some blood flow into the areas.

Had a good workout. Done in 40 min before bar work.

8 Likes

Nice!