T Nation

Lost Weight to Fast low T

Hi guys ive been a long time lurker and finally decided to join. I dont know where to put this thread but trt is discosed alot in this section.

Im 30years old and about a year ago i was 270 pounds and in three months became 180 pounds. I lost the weight by boxing lifting weights and what i thought eating better with a low fat and calorie diet but when i lost the weight my libido was gone before it was very high and felt tired all the time so i went to my docter and found out my T low plus lh flh.

He sent me to a Endo and the endo gave me androgel 4 pumps a day ive been taking it for 3 months but still dont feel better told my endo to check my e2 said e2 does not matter but i know from reading alot from here it does. Know i got rid of him and found another Endo and have an appointment with him next week. He said somthing to me on the phone about giving me clomid to restart my hpta.

I have not found any reports similer to my situation how likely is it that my hpta will restart with clomid and stay that way when i get off it?

I stop doing cardio and started doing the strong lifts workout plus started eating better with a 40 p 30 f 30 c diet with lots of fish oil and mono fats .
also what else can i do to help my own production of T.

hope you guys understand what im trying to say not good on writing online also wish i knew about this site when i first started losing weight maybe would not have this problem.

I’m by no means an expert, or even one to give advice, but I think you’ve made a good decision by going after the weights harder. I just recall reading or hearing once that heavy lifting forces your body to produce testosterone.

[quote]daddyzombie wrote:
I’m by no means an expert, or even one to give advice, but I think you’ve made a good decision by going after the weights harder. I just recall reading or hearing once that heavy lifting forces your body to produce testosterone.[/quote]

That’s usually true.

However, I’m thinking that you’ve really gone hard at it to lose 90 pounds in 3 months. You may be severely overtrained with attendant adrenal fatigue and lowered testosterone. Low fat doesn’t help you in this situation. Higher fats of the proper types will actually support hormone production, while lowering carbs somewhat will forestall putting fat back on.

You may need a break from exercise altogether for a few weeks.

There’s folks like KSMan and happydog and others who know more about hormone therapy and causes for lowered test and hopefully they’ll reply to your thread with some good info.

Thanks guys for the responses ive read alot on this site and doing everything to boost my own T production by lifting heavy and eating more fats but my question is does anybody think by using clomid for a short time it will kick start my system again to produce T like a pct for losing the weight.

Ive searched everywhere but have not seen any reports about this before i guess my situation is a rare case. I guess i need to wait and see what my Endo says

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

ok i just got back from the endo. He told me i have exercise induced hypogonadism plus anorexia he told me to stop the androgel and take 25mg clomid for 6 months i hope this works ive lost my girlfreind and almost my job because of this. Im an example of what happens when you cut back calories and fats from youre diet and hope others learn from my mistake