Lost Weight/Muscle After Surgery

Alright, I was lifting regularly for 2 years and eating 3000+ calories and went all the way up to 175lbs. Originally I was a “skinny fat” 150lbs at a height of 5’9". Looking back, I made some good progress.

Then I fell sick and stayed in the hospital and had surgery. The morning I left I weighed at 129lbs. I am currently at 135lbs.

I have to do cardio everyday. I really want to get back into lifting but cannot do all exercises right now, especially chest, because of my sternum. According to my doctor it takes 1 years to heal “completely”.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Should I train around it like a sports pro would train around an injury?

2. Should I just eat anything right now? Calorie dense foods like Milk, Cheese, Ice Cream, Nuts… I wouldn’t touch McD or KFC though.

Other problem I cannot take any supplements and have to eat a Heart Healthy diet (so I cannot eat too much cheese or eggs for example). Just makes things a little more difficult. I will find a way though, I’ve been through enough S*** I can go through this and at least get back to a respectable physique and boost my confidence.

Thanks

1. Yes. If you’re pain free then you’re good to go.

2. Yes but if you catch yourself gaining fat then you’ll want to switch to a healthy diet pretty quicky.

As far as I know eggs are heart healthy dude. But you need to prove this stuff for yourself. So go to it!

“I will find a way though, I’ve been through enough S*** I can go through this and at least get back to a respectable physique and boost my confidence.”

I respect you’re attitude man, and I’m sure you’ll “succeed in the end”!

1. Yes.

2. Anytime of the year, I’d rather eat healthy than eat anything.

There are supplements that can actually help you eat healthy like fish oil. Just look 'em up. Eggs are also fine, but don’t eat the yolk because it has a lot of cholesterol.

Fuck that! Eat the yoke. There’s barely any nutrients in the white.