T Nation

Lost Motivation

How exactly did you lose your motivation? What it the minute you completed your goal? If your entire reason for lifting/training was one short term goal then you have a deeper issue.

You need to figure out what that deeper issue is. While you are doing that set another short term goal so your training doesn’t suffer. Try to set one that is performance related tho like a PR on a lift.

BF% and achieving a certain weight gain/loss centers around looks which is superficial in a sense tho very important and relevent to what we do. The point is I believe that if you set and achieve a performance goal you will feel more of a sense of accomplishment.

plus if you are training hard but focusing on performance/PR’s looking better will be a direct side effect.

who are you talking to?

[quote]slimshifty wrote:
How exactly did you lose your motivation? What it the minute you completed your goal? If your entire reason for lifting/training was one short term goal then you have a deeper issue. You need to figure out what that deeper issue is.

While you are doing that set another short term goal so your training doesn’t suffer. Try to set one that is performance related tho like a PR on a lift. BF% and achieving a certain weight gain/loss centers around looks which is superficial in a sense tho very important and relevent to what we do.

The point is I believe that if you set and achieve a performance goal you will feel more of a sense of accomplishment. plus if you are training hard but focusing on performance/PR’s looking better will be a direct side effect. [/quote]

it’s actually not a bad point, all things considered. just a strange way to bring it up. i got out of it that just training to a short-term goal can make one feel complacent.

oh, and spelling fail for jehovas.

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
it’s actually not a bad point, all things considered. just a strange way to bring it up. i got out of it that just training to a short-term goal can make one feel complacent.

oh, and spelling fail for jehovas.[/quote]

spelling or grammatical? :wink:

I think it was a reply to a post that he accidentally made a new post.

I never really got this ‘lost motivation’ crap. You are still mediocre, you are NOT squatting 900, you do NOT have 20" arms, You are NOT a lean 250lber. You have so much room to get better. Don’t even tell me I don’t know anything about you. I don’t need to. Someone with great accomplishments wouldn’t be looking for reasurance on T-Nation.