Lost Motivation to Train

I just realized I have no idea what the HAM in ham radio means. So many things unknown to me.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Hit the gym twice a week twice a week with a full body routine.

Walk with a weight vest, sprint, run hills, do chins from a tree branch, and do pushups four other days of the

Sit on your ass one day a week.

Rub your woman’s feet seven days a week.

Listen and watch your son or daughter grow in the womb seven days a week.

Make a firm commitment to responsibly father your child for the rest of his or her life.[/quote]
Perfect.

This;

tweet

wow!! a few things not going you’re way and you are bagging training…

remember true athletes are as strong in the mind as doing the physical stuff… you lack the mental game big time…

try being in my shoes… work… 3 kids. train on the bike long hours… 2-5 hour daily rides… 57 and still carry my pro 1-2 card…

better toughen up…

[quote]hit the gym wrote:
I’ve been training for a good 5 years (maybe more) and always got my workouts in. unless sick of course.

Before, living alone, it was easy. I would go to work till 7, go to gym after and cook myself a feast back home. Sometimes my girlfriend would come over. She would adjust to my schedule.

I figured this fall that she was pregnant. We moved in together. Completely messed up my routine. She doesn’t like to drive during winter, works odd hours, still in school… I want to continue training but it’s hard with no routine at all and knowing that will be worse with baby coming.

I’ve been out of the gym since Christmas… My membership expired too (it was too far anyways). Anybody went through something like this have any advice?[/quote]

Sigh. If lifting is important to you then you will make time.

No excuses.

I did 14 years of college, 2 jobs, married twice and raised 5 kids and did it.

So suck it up.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

I’ve been training for a good 5 years (maybe more) and always got my workouts in. unless sick of course.

Before, living alone, it was easy. I would go to work till 7, go to gym after and cook myself a feast back home. Sometimes my girlfriend would come over. She would adjust to my schedule.

I figured this fall that she was pregnant. We moved in together. Completely messed up my routine. She doesn’t like to drive during winter, works odd hours, still in school… I want to continue training but it’s hard with no routine at all and knowing that will be worse with baby coming.

I’ve been out of the gym since Christmas… My membership expired too (it was too far anyways). Anybody went through something like this have any advice?[/quote]

No excuses.

So suck it up. [/quote]

x2 on the suck it up.

14 years in college? MD&PHD?

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

No excuses.

So suck it up. [/quote]

x2 on the suck it up.

[/quote]

Remedial math

28 semesters of elementary algebra

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

No excuses.

So suck it up. [/quote]

x2 on the suck it up.

[/quote]

Respiratory therapist, bachelors in nursing then masters in nursing. Had to work the two jobs cause got divorced and had to pay child support. I also got my kids 3 days a week every week, and coached little league and peewee football. So MD was out of the question unfortunately.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Tell that bitch to drive any ways and remember you have a pair of balls. Use them.[/quote]

You’re such a sweet kid.[/quote]
Yeah well if most people would realize they are just being pussies when they feel like whining and instead nutted up and acted appropriately, they’d be much better off. And I don’t care if I am young, this is true for a sad many people twice my age.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

No excuses.

So suck it up. [/quote]
Case in point made to IH.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

No excuses.

So suck it up. [/quote]

x2 on the suck it up.

[/quote]

Remedial math

28 semesters of elementary algebra[/quote]

BUT I NEVER LEARNED TO READ AND DO OTHER STUFF WELL.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

No excuses.

So suck it up. [/quote]

x2 on the suck it up.

[/quote]

Respiratory therapist, bachelors in nursing then masters in nursing. Had to work the two jobs cause got divorced and had to pay child support. I also got my kids 3 days a week every week, and coached little league and peewee football. So MD was out of the question unfortunately. [/quote]

that makes sense.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Tell that bitch to drive any ways and remember you have a pair of balls. Use them.[/quote]

Yeah well if most people would realize they are just being pussies when they feel like whining and instead nutted up and acted appropriately, they’d be much better off. And I don’t care if I am young, this is true for a sad many people twice my age.[/quote]

I was just being sarcastic, sissyboy.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Hit the gym twice a week twice a week with a full body routine.

Walk with a weight vest, sprint, run hills, do chins from a tree branch, and do pushups four other days of the

Sit on your ass one day a week.

Rub your woman’s feet seven days a week.

Listen and watch your son or daughter grow in the womb seven days a week.

Make a firm commitment to responsibly father your child for the rest of his or her life.[/quote]

Awesome post.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Yeah well if most people would realize they are just being pussies when they feel like whining and instead nutted up and acted appropriately, they’d be much better off. And I don’t care if I am young, this is true for a sad many people twice my age.[/quote]

I was just being sarcastic, sissyboy. [/quote]
I know, but I wanted to make the point anyways.

simplefit.org/workout.html

Try this my man. There are no excuses to not do it, all you need is something to do pullups on (I use the bannisters at home) Ive resorted to this and I like it.

I find if I dont do something physical at least 3 or 4 times aweek I start getting depressed and its even harder to pick back up where I left off, thus starting a viciuos cycle - don’t get caught up in one of them.

You don’t have to work out.
From what I’ve heard, commercial gyms are crowded with people “exercising” and half-assing it. That’s just undignified.
If you really were motivated to lift you would be training hard right now.

Never talk yourself into doing something you don’t feel passionate about.
Hopefully, you will be passionate about being a dad. That’s all that matters.
Find the things you’re passionate about in life and do them well.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

I was just being sarcastic, sissyboy. [/quote]
I know, but I wanted to make the point anyways.[/quote]
As long as you’re happy…

What kind of space do you have at home? I have built up a pretty good ‘found’ or made stuff gym. Portable pullup bar I can move into the yard for fun body weight stuff, some webbing and pvc pipe will make pretty good ‘rings’ on the cheap. A good band or two can help with many different movements. If you are interested I can post directions and suggestions.

If you have time to do one exercise, do cleans from the floor (then press if you have space). You are going to be picking the kid up (congrats) and being strong with the clean will make the kid a breeze (a strong upper back is also nice for when you have to hold and swing the baby to get it asleep).

If you need motivation, do it for your kid and your wife/girlfriend/baby momma. There is a lot of lifting and carrying involved. Plus, it sets a good example for the kid.