Lost 35lbs Eating Over 500g Carbs

started my prep vlog a few days ago and in this one i explain a new idea for doing hiit cardio that involve breaking up your cardio into sets to make the body less efficient and hopefully burn more. it’s worked very well for me this prep

No pics, not watching, sry

fair enough, lol don’t blame you - not a troll with no pics, just brand new to the forum. pics going up now!

PIC! sorry man, my bad, I wouldn’t blame you for your reaction either. two steps ahead of myself getting started on the forum I guess

Watched the first few minutes despite the fact that you joined today just to put your video up. I know it’s mostly (all) you just talking, but it’s not much more than a black screen, so it’s kinda difficult to sit through.

Also, your idea of making the body inefficient in regard to food vs exercise only applies when you’re viewing the body as a simple energy equation of burned vs ingested. It’s not always that simple, as many of the other threads on here have been discussing lately (TEFs, Hormonal effects etc).

I know you put in your profile that you have some academic background in dietetics, but I’m curious as to your actual competition history as the limited portion of the video I sat through conveyed a very simplified view of the ‘process’.

Admittedly I could be entirely wrong though , like I said, I couldn’t sit through it all.

S

i hope your show is at least 30 weeks away with that amount of fat you are carrying right now

sigh…alright clearly I put myself out there as the clueless troll. my bad. being serious not sarcastic. I should know better that I can’t just slap up vlogs on a site and expect people to think i’m anywhere remotely legit. what can I say - busy dude whose busy and likes vlogging to save time, but that may not always come off well. ok. so in all seriousness…

the mighty stu. couldn’t agree more - definitely not as simple as just making the body less efficient. having the science background i’m always on guard of people saying a theory is bro so figured i’d toss out one possible explanation. as for me - you’re absolutely right - I have not competed before. I am one of the main videographers for the podcast inside natural bodybuilding with mike Neumann so I spend a lot of time around the sport and consider myself fairly knowledgeable, but will admit I’ve never put myself out here till now as I felt - as you have correctly called me out for - who is this random guy who’s never competed to tell all us how to do cardio? that’s fair. I guess i’d just said well, i’m learning as I go - may as well throw out some pointers and lessons learned so others wont repeat my mistakes. that’s why I started my vlog despite being timid previously for the above reasons.

grindovermatter. i’d sure hope so right? lol, all good man, i’m the idiot for posting a pic from I think like 45 weeks ago. I just generally only post current pics when part of like a journal or something - this was just a stray post on my new cardio theory. so ya currently, not sure how many weeks out, trying to decide. attached is a pic from a couple weeks ago. we shall see - will jump in my shows when I think i’m ready - just slowly moving into striking distance.

I’m no bodybuilder, but… Where are your calves + hams?

No offense to the OP…but I just don’t get it.

I haven’t watched your video because it was turned off the moment I figured out it was just you sitting in the dark talking.

Who are you?

Why is you talking in the dark important enough for me to spend several minutes listening to it?

Not intended to insult…but holy shit, if this was “the time before internet” any guy making videos had better have the muscle on him to be worth watching.

I just don’t get it.

Everyone wants to be a star…

You did it wrong.

First put a TON of muscle on.

THEN post a picture with your first post, basically saying “hey everyone look at me” (adding nothing to the forum)

Only THEN will everyone welcome you with open arms.

True story.

wow feelin the love. no hard feelings I completely agree to being in the wrong here in my approach. was never my intention to be a start. just I guess got overly excited about my idea and was too lazy to write it out so made a video that was convenient to make. myosin, also understood on the idea of better to chronicle a journey than put up and end result without contributing to the group the process. totally point taken and got no problem for being called out. I started late logging my prep and so playing catch up probably not the best approach, but was going to try. currently doing that on another site - here was just posting about the cardio, but indeed can see how I guess if no one has any background on me it makes it hard to put a random post out there.

happy to roll with everyone vote (if anyone cares and if not it’s all good):

1. do the same as on the other site and start a full on log recapping prep to this point and following rest of journey
  2. just take this as a lesson learned to self and don’t continue further posting about my personal journey here.

sorry guys.

star*

I honestly think if you were to have more of an introduction type thread detailing your background, goals, and current situation, you would get some positive feedback. There are actually a good number of people with competitive experience on here who despite having been subjected to your black-screen video would most likely still be willing to offer support and encouragement on your journey.

S

OP, I think you come across as a nice, well adjusted guy who just wants to talk shop, share some experiences/lessons lesrned, and get some advice. You just did it wrong here, which you’ve manned up amd admitted (which is also really nice to see and not typicsl of the troll/“hey everybody look at me” crowd), so I definitely agree with Stu here–little more background, goals, current state, etc. would help to make a better intro :). Also it just takes some time for people to get used to a new face…we’ve had some small rash of first time posts trying pimp something lately too, so part of that is just bad timing for you lol.

Anyway, welcome aboard mate.

Alright cool thanks for your understanding guys - sorry for being the idiot - guilty as charged! Unfortunately it will all have to be a prep recap up till now and then follow along from here on, but I will provide a monthly recap in case that’s useful to anyone. will start a new thread as a prep thread.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I haven’t watched your video because it was turned off the moment I figured out it was just you sitting in the dark talking.

Who are you?

Why is you talking in the dark important enough for me to spend several minutes listening to it?

Not intended to insult…but holy shit, if this was “the time before internet” any guy making videos had better have the muscle on him to be worth watching.

I just don’t get it.

Everyone wants to be a star…[/quote]

shut the fuck up! you honestly wonder why you get so much shit. you are nothing but a cocky, arrogant, disrespectful fucking prick.

so what now someone must be insanely massive to make a video?, no one is forcing you to watch the video!

sorry if i turned this into a dismal post by my jumping the gun and putting out a talking only video without background on myself. currently i’ve moved over to the first time stepping on stage journal in the bodybuilding forum. if i’ve still got anyone interested in hearing more i’ll be over there. thanks for your understanding on my newb mistakes guys!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Who are you?

I just don’t get it.

Everyone wants to be a star…[/quote]

Clearly, you intended to insult.

Hahaha welcome to forum setprsnow. This thread is classic TNation lol.