Loss of Muscle Activation

Hi guys, I’m new to the forums I often read other posts on err for advice but couldn’t find anything to match this time. If this has been posted wrote then instead of just saying I didn’t look hard enough at least link the article or forum post so I can give it a read. Cheers

Basically a month ago I had a slight injury from quad tightness and a tendon in my hip pulled caught the bone at the the bottom of a squat this causing some discomfort, that was 6 weeks ago and I recorded dry needle therapy which has basically fixed that problem however that sprung up a very tight set of hamstrings and glutes on my left side (hip was on the right) and no once I get to 85% of my 1RM on deadlift or rack pulls I can feel that my hamstrings won’t activate at all on either side, similar sensation to trying to contract your pecs before your brain understands how. This means I cannot get a weight moving a all and I have to use my Oly shoes in a deadlft now to get a heavier weight moving.

Does anyone have any experience, knowledge or aside regarding this issue? Any help will be appreciated and every suggestion will be considered if not tried.

Thanks guys.

[quote]GBriley wrote:
Hi guys, I’m new to the forums I often read other posts on err for advice but couldn’t find anything to match this time. If this has been posted wrote then instead of just saying I didn’t look hard enough at least link the article or forum post so I can give it a read. Cheers

Basically a month ago I had a slight injury from quad tightness and a tendon in my hip pulled caught the bone at the the bottom of a squat this causing some discomfort, that was 6 weeks ago and I recorded dry needle therapy which has basically fixed that problem however that sprung up a very tight set of hamstrings and glutes on my left side (hip was on the right) and no once I get to 85% of my 1RM on deadlift or rack pulls I can feel that my hamstrings won’t activate at all on either side, similar sensation to trying to contract your pecs before your brain understands how. This means I cannot get a weight moving a all and I have to use my Oly shoes in a deadlft now to get a heavier weight moving.

Does anyone have any experience, knowledge or aside regarding this issue? Any help will be appreciated and every suggestion will be considered if not tried.

Thanks guys.[/quote]

Try hip thrusters and single leg bridges on a physio ball for glute, ham activation along with classic eccentric glute ham raises. Also make sure to get a good dynamic warmup before your big lifts

Thanks. Ill give all of that a go.