Loss of Appetite

Hey guys what’s up I’ve been dealing with a loss of appetite lately I lost 10lbs cause of it.I’m just wondering if their are any tricks u guys use to get your appetite back I used to eat every 2 to 2.5 hours fealing starving I just went six hours without eating and still am having to force the food down.please help I can’t deal with this anymore.

As silly as this may sound,… sugar. WHenever my brother and I were slowing down while forcing chicken breasts in our mouths, we’d grab an oreo or two, and then were able to keep going -lol.

S

Thanks stu ill give that a try.anybody else have any suggestions.

[quote]blades wrote:
Thanks stu ill give that a try.anybody else have any suggestions.[/quote]

He just gave you the best advice. If you have been eating a very low carb diet for an extended period of time, this doesn’t surprise me. While there are too many variable to pin point some condition, try increasing carbs for a few days or simply having a cheat day or two until your body is in a more anabolic state.

Eating below maintenance, which you are, can decrease appetite alone especially if done for too long.

Ok cool thanks for the advice guys.

Eating sucks.

My advice: man up.

Also, download Firefox. It has a built in spell check.

Insulin levels, hunger, and food intake: an example of feedback loops in body weight regulation.
Rodin J.

The paper reviews studies considering whether hyperinsulinemia, and its resultant effects on adipose tissue mass, can alter perceived hunger, taste, and food consumption. It also describes work addressing the reciprocal question of whether cues associated with food can affect insulin response. Specifically, four general categories of studies are presented.

First, studies considering the causes and physiological consequences of chronic hyperinsulinemia are reviewed.

Second, work investigating environmental and cognitive influences on insulin secretion are described. These show that high acute levels of insulin can be produced by simply seeing and thinking about food and that individuals showing this response show a greater tendency toward weight gain in a food-abundant environment.

Third, studies are covered in which direct manipulations of insulin level, controlling for blood glucose, are performed. These experiments show that elevations in insulin produce increased hunger, heightened perceived pleasantness of sweet taste, and increased food intake.

Finally, a study is described that considers how different insulin levels, produced by the type of food ingested, may affect subsequent food intake. Together, these studies show that “overeating” is caused by a complex feedback system of environmental, behavioral, and biological factors.