Losing Weight. Fast Metabolism?

Ok sense I’m still new to all this I have a question that maybe can be a simple answer. ive been working out 4 times a week for 5 weeks now. Finally got a good calorie count on what I eat daily. I’m 5’ 11" and 28 years old. I started out weighing 171 lbs. I average around 2800-3000 calories a day. Trying to gain muscle and weight. I eat 2 bananas, 2 apples, 2 canned chicken samdwiches, 2 protein shakes, and 3 to 4 eggs with some veggies. That’s what I eat from 4 am to noon. Then I will have a good 10oz of chicken or salmon or steak with broccoli for dinner and maybe another protein shake at night. I work 10 hours a day as well on and off my feet depends on the day and can be very physical lifting and pulling boxs and equipment 6 days a week. All being said I now weigh 166. I believe it’s mostly all body fat cause my body is tighter and my weights are going up but I don’t think I should lose that much weight. am I eating to healthy or should I eat more. 6 months ago I weighed 179 pounds and went on a 30 day body cleanse but I had to quit after 10 days because I lost 10 pounds in 10 days without working out. So maybe my metabolism is on another level.

1 Like

And again, someone that has a leaf to pick with vegetables.
I am confused with your formatting.

Why not post what you are yesterday, at what time and the actual program you are using.

Thanks.

But I change the Wednesday to Thursday and the Friday to Saturday

Don’t know about fast metabolism but you’re using a lot calories working and lifting. Just take it into account in your diet. Eat more

1 Like

Gaining Weight

It all about calories for gaining weight.

That means to gain weight you need to consume more calories.

Research

Drs Layne Norton and John Ivy independently have determined increasing caloric intake by 20% optimally increase muscle mass while minimizing fat gain.

2800 - 3000 kcal

Based on the 20% recommended increased caloric intake, that means you need to consume 3360 to 3600 kccals a day.

Your Present Diet

…is a bit vague. However, it appears that you fat intake is rather low and need to be higher.

Increasing your fat intake…

1. Quickly and easily increases your caloric intake; since they are calorically dense.

2. Fats, specifically Saturated Fats, are necessary for hormonal production, testosterone.

Kenny Croxdale

1 Like

I’m going to add a higher fat food to my meals starting next week. I had a feeling I could have not been eating enough or just to lean of meals. Thanks for the feed back guys

Do 5x5 for deadlifts, and go a bit heavier for bench and dumbell rows also.
Plenty of good advice already. Get in unlimited green veg and up your good fats, loads of olive oil, greek yogurt etc