T Nation

Losing the Fat

I will get right to and say I need help losing around 15 lbs of fat as fast as possible. The last few years I have been consistently adding muscle using a combination of body part splits and an upper/lower split.

There were times I would clean up my diet a bit to keep fat gain at bay but, now I want to really diet down to a low BF%. I am 5'10-5'10.5 not quite sure, and my weight fluctuates between 198-205 lbs. Judging by the way I look in the mirror I would guess I need to lose 15-20 lbs to look really lean.

So, what would be the best way to approach this to achieve my goal as fast as possible? I have never dieted down so I could really use some help.

The Velocity Diet? That works pretty good... But usually the faster you diet, the more mass/strength you tend to lose, so a slower fat-loss approach will probably yield the best results.

And what do you weigh in the mornings before eating after a dump? That's what I consider my "true" weight, and any other weight doesn't really matter. That weight for me only fluctuates about 1-1.5 lbs throughout the week.

I would like to keep as much muscle as possible and eat real food. That is my morning weight but, some weeks I eat a lot more than others.