Losing Size in Biceps?

Dude, not trying to be rude. Just lookin at your pics you have no upper body size. Just callin it how it looks. I know your kidding man, quitting leg workouts will not help upper body size. I may be fairly new to this working out thing, but i have learned that.

[quote]anijjar wrote:
MuscleSoup wrote:
Tumbles wrote:
It’s okay you don’t think of everything when you are first starting out. It took me many years of experimenting to realize the truth about leg training.

Dude, you have only been training for a year ? And by looking at your pics, all you work is your legs; think i need bulking, for sure. But have you looked at yourself, i don’t think some bulking would be a bad idea for you either there twiggy.

There is no reason to criticize someone for helping you. He is merely giving you a suggestion.[/quote]

He wasn’t giving me a suggestion, he was being rude when i was asking for some help. If i really thought i was the big and ripped, i wouldn’t be asking for some advice. I already know i need to eat more and get bigger, thats a given.

[quote]MuscleSoup wrote:

Yea telling him to not work his legs since it will absorb the rest of his muscle was a great tip that helped me put most of my upper body size on :stuck_out_tongue:

Dude, not trying to be rude. Just lookin at your pics you have no upper body size. Just callin it how it looks. I know your kidding man, quitting leg workouts will not help upper body size. I may be fairly new to this working out thing, but i have learned that.

[/quote]

Please use the past tense.

3/24/2008.

That is a loooonnng time ago for someone barely past their first year of training.

Regardless, especially if you knew I was joking, there was no reason to look through my profile to make fun of how tiny I am. I have really sensitive feelings and you have damaged them.

Tumbles, im sorry. I didn’t realize that those were old pictures and your probably freakishly big by now. No really though man, i didnt mean to damage your very sensitive feelings.

It’s okay I had my kleenex here.

The answer is obvious…you have been squatting but I see no mention of the milk! Squats AND milk, you can’t do just one!

Damnit, so thats the secret ive been looking for. Thanks

[quote]MuscleSoup wrote:
Hey everybody. I have been working out pretty hard now for a good year and my results have been pretty good. I recently just started doing the almighty squats, and ever since i began doing them i noticed my biceps have actually gotten smaller. I do still work them just as hard as before, and my diet is pretty much the same as it has always been.

My question is whether or not it is possible i have got to the point of overtraining and that is why my biceps have fallen back a bit, or maybe the extra energy and nutrients needed to recover from the squats is leaving little for my arms to continue growing. I’m honestly very confused because i have been working so hard towards this and to see a muscle loss out of no where is very hard to swallow. Any idea’s on whats going on? Opinions would be greatly appreciated![/quote]

Okay, you say that you work your arms as hard as before, but have you actually gotten stronger for 5-10 or so reps on your arm-exercises, and if yes, how much over the last few months?

And have you put on any extra weight at all?

I do work out my arms in the lower rep range (5-8). I started at 25lbs, and have slowly progressed . About 3 weeks ago i reached the 50lb dumbell mark and have been using them for the last couple weeks. Since i have lost size on my arms, im actually still able to complete the same reps, so my strengh feels about the same; even though my arms measure smaller. I have put on 15lbs in the last 8 months or so, and not alot of fat at all.

[quote]MuscleSoup wrote:
I do work out my arms in the lower rep range (5-8). I started at 25lbs, and have slowly progressed . About 3 weeks ago i reached the 50lb dumbell mark and have been using them for the last couple weeks. Since i have lost size on my arms, im actually still able to complete the same reps, so my strengh feels about the same; even though my arms measure smaller. I have put on 15lbs in the last 8 months or so, and not alot of fat at all. [/quote]

To sum up any post CC or X will make you just need to start eating more. You’re definitely making changes in your ability to recruit muscle fibers, now you need to give them the fuel to grow. You will have to get over what it looks like to pop up to higher bodyfat levels if you really want to grow; it will take time to find your body’s comfort level(weight going up, waistline not so much, a little girth is pretty unavoidable for the average guy).

Please tell me at 6’2" 175lbs, how big are your arms? Did you really notice them getting…smaller?

Thanks red, i appreciate the input. I’m going to start bulking here soon, and i know i will probably get in the higher bf% while doing so. Im prepared for that, so im not to concerned. I just have never heard of losing muscle so quickly while still working out and wasn’t sure why it was happening.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Please tell me at 6’2" 175lbs, how big are your arms? Did you really notice them getting…smaller? [/quote]

Well, as of right now they are 15 1/4". They were 15 3/4" no more than 3 weeks ago, right before i began to do squats. I realize im not big by anymeans, but my arms have significantly grown since i began working out.

[quote]MuscleSoup wrote:

I mean ive put on close to 15 lbs this last year, and thats probably very realistic.
[/quote]

i’ve put on 35lbs in 6 months

15 lbs a year only at your stage? Hmm. I also wonder about your form on those curls then… And what are you doing for triceps?

In general: You’re weight/muscle gain is far too small for a beginner, there’s definitely something very wrong here.

I suggest you pm Sentoguy and politely ask him to help you get started properly.

[quote]urbanski wrote:
MuscleSoup wrote:

I mean ive put on close to 15 lbs this last year, and thats probably very realistic.

i’ve put on 35lbs in 6 months[/quote]

A newbie could put on 15lbs in two months. It is hilarious how so many of these guys hold themselves back almost as if on purpose.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
urbanski wrote:
MuscleSoup wrote:

A newbie could put on 15lbs in two months. It is hilarious how so many of these guys hold themselves back almost as if on purpose.[/quote]

I hate that I held myself back. Don’t do it folks… you will regret it… newbie gains only last for so long…

Lol, its amazing how everyone is so much help on here. I don’t understand all the hostility. Just asking for some answers and thought some of you guys might be able to help me out.

I do skull crushers with 90lb for 3 sets, then weighted dips, then pulldowns. Ive really been hittin the tri’s hard trying to gain some size.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
urbanski wrote:
MuscleSoup wrote:

A newbie could put on 15lbs in two months. It is hilarious how so many of these guys hold themselves back almost as if on purpose.[/quote]

15lbs of fat in two months? I serioulsy doubt someone natural could put on lean mass of 15 lbs in 2 months. Im not saying your wrong Prof , just not your average gain in such a short time.