T Nation

Losing Size in Biceps?

Hey everybody. I have been working out pretty hard now for a good year and my results have been pretty good. I recently just started doing the almighty squats, and ever since i began doing them i noticed my biceps have actually gotten smaller. I do still work them just as hard as before, and my diet is pretty much the same as it has always been.

My question is whether or not it is possible i have got to the point of overtraining and that is why my biceps have fallen back a bit, or maybe the extra energy and nutrients needed to recover from the squats is leaving little for my arms to continue growing. I’m honestly very confused because i have been working so hard towards this and to see a muscle loss out of no where is very hard to swallow. Any idea’s on whats going on? Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

are you eating more now? you should be.

Are you sure it’s muscle loss and not fat loss?

Since i noticed the may arms have gotten smaller, i have started eating more. I’m not 100 % sure its muscle loss, but i dont think i had 1/2" of fat on my arms. Im an ectomorph and probably at about 9% bf. Even before i started losing size on my arms i can see my entire six pack. I mean dude, im 6"2 and i weigh 175 lbs.

What were you weighing a year ago and what do you weigh now? I am 6’2 and was 225 for a couple of months now at 197 although I lost size in my arms but they actually look just as big or bigger than before.

You probably lost some fat.

I was 180lbs a year ago. I started working out and went down to 160lbs but alot more ripped. Currently im at 175lbs and still very very lean. I really don’t think its possible it was 1/2" of fat. Water maybe? But why all of a sudden, doesnt add up.

[quote]MuscleSoup wrote:
I was 180lbs a year ago. I started working out and went down to 160lbs but alot more ripped. Currently im at 175lbs and still very very lean. I really don’t think its possible it was 1/2" of fat. Water maybe? But why all of a sudden, doesnt add up.[/quote]

Why is someone 6’2" yet weighing 175lbs voluntarily?

[

Why is someone 6’2" yet weighing 175lbs voluntarily?

[/quote]

Thats what im trying to change, thats why im here. I want to get bigger and thats why ive begun working my ass off and eating more. I just can’t figure out what caused me to lose size, everything was going great up until i began squats.

Its because if you work your legs the muscles from the rest of your body migrate to them. That’s why all the big ripped guys don’t work out their legs!

Could be, my legs have sure gotten bigger in just 2-3 weeks. Why didnt i think of that…

[quote]MuscleSoup wrote:
Im an ectomorph im 6"2 and i weigh 175 lbs. [/quote]

there is a problem with these two things I have left in the quotes, stop fucking classifying yourself as ecto,endo,meso. By saying your an ecto your limiting yourself mentally about the amount of muscle you can put on. Also fucking eat I weigh 200lbs and feel disgusting at 6’2, if you have too drink 2 liter of full cream milk every morning.

It’s okay you don’t think of everything when you are first starting out. It took me many years of experimenting to realize the truth about leg training.

more squatz

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
MuscleSoup wrote:
Im an ectomorph im 6"2 and i weigh 175 lbs.

there is a problem with these two things I have left in the quotes, stop fucking classifying yourself as ecto,endo,meso. By saying your an ecto your limiting yourself mentally about the amount of muscle you can put on. Also fucking eat I weigh 200lbs and feel disgusting at 6’2, if you have too drink 2 liter of full cream milk every morning.

[/quote]

I think i can put on a decent amount of muscle. I mean ive put on close to 15 lbs this last year, and thats probably very realistic. I’m actually very pleased with my progress, just curious why all of a sudden a drop. Im going to try and bulk here soon, i get married in 2 weeks and when i get back im going to get chunky.

[quote]Tumbles wrote:
It’s okay you don’t think of everything when you are first starting out. It took me many years of experimenting to realize the truth about leg training.[/quote]

Dude, you have only been training for a year ? And by looking at your pics, all you work is your legs; think i need bulking, for sure. But have you looked at yourself, i don’t think some bulking would be a bad idea for you either there twiggy.

[quote]Tumbles wrote:
It’s okay you don’t think of everything when you are first starting out. It took me many years of experimenting to realize the truth about leg training.[/quote]

Unrelated to the thread but why did you white out your face for your newest pics but you still have your face in previous posted pictures? Just curious.

[quote]anijjar wrote:
Tumbles wrote:
It’s okay you don’t think of everything when you are first starting out. It took me many years of experimenting to realize the truth about leg training.

Unrelated to the thread but why did you white out your face for your newest pics but you still have your face in previous posted pictures? Just curious.[/quote]

Because I didn’t bother whiting out the face of someone I don’t really resemble anymore. And I’m really lazy.

[quote]MuscleSoup wrote:
Tumbles wrote:

Dude, you have only been training for a year ? And by looking at your pics, all you work is your legs; think i need bulking, for sure. But have you looked at yourself, i don’t think some bulking would be a bad idea for you either there twiggy.[/quote]

There is no reason to criticize someone for helping you. He is merely giving you a suggestion.

[quote]Tumbles wrote:
anijjar wrote:
Tumbles wrote:

Unrelated to the thread but why did you white out your face for your newest pics but you still have your face in previous posted pictures? Just curious.

Because I didn’t bother whiting out the face of someone I don’t really resemble anymore. And I’m really lazy.[/quote]

Alright thats good enough for me.

[quote]MuscleSoup wrote:
Tumbles wrote:

Dude, you have only been training for a year ? And by looking at your pics, all you work is your legs; think i need bulking, for sure. But have you looked at yourself, i don’t think some bulking would be a bad idea for you either there twiggy.[/quote]

I’m not sure what’s funnier - the 6’2" 175 guy calling me a twig, or the fact that the pictures are dated and you think I look like that right now.

[quote]anijjar wrote:
MuscleSoup wrote:
Tumbles wrote:

Dude, you have only been training for a year ? And by looking at your pics, all you work is your legs; think i need bulking, for sure. But have you looked at yourself, i don’t think some bulking would be a bad idea for you either there twiggy.

There is no reason to criticize someone for helping you. He is merely giving you a suggestion.[/quote]

Yea telling him to not work his legs since it will absorb the rest of his muscle was a great tip that helped me put most of my upper body size on :stuck_out_tongue: