Losing My Mind, Some Solid Advice?

[quote]konzine wrote:
Thank you both for the replies, it does mean a great deal to me.

My concern with the 531 programs is that they are low rep and high weight which would be more geared towards strength rather than aesthetics. That is my biggest concern with SS too[/quote]

Heavy reps doesn’t build muscle? Shiiiiit news to me.

5x5 and a good diet can go a long way

Whatever the goal is, you need to learn to get stronger in the gym. You don’t build muscle doing 15 reps of the same weight week after week

[quote]The-German wrote:

Whatever the goal is, you need to learn to get stronger in the gym. You don’t build muscle doing 15 reps of the same weight week after week[/quote]

I say you can. Depending on # of sets and intensity

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]The-German wrote:

Whatever the goal is, you need to learn to get stronger in the gym. You don’t build muscle doing 15 reps of the same weight week after week[/quote]

I say you can. Depending on # of sets and intensity[/quote]

There’s many different ways to program progression, increasing weight or reps is just the easiest.

After quite a while training with a body part split, I recently decided to change things up and give Chad Waterbury’s Total Body Training a crack. I’m now in the final week of the 8-week programme and I’m noticeably bigger, stronger and (according to my wife) leaner than when I started it. A lot of other other people who have tried it report similar results, as detailed in the thread below:

It’s a very basic programme that, I believe, suits trainees of all levels of experience. Plus, being a 3-day/week programme, it doesn’t take up a lot of your week or tax your recovery too much. In fact, it’s the recovery time that I think makes it work so well.

Anyway, don’t take my word for it. Check it out and see what you think but I’m sure, if nothing else, that it will bring you a step closer to your goal.

[quote]konzine wrote:
Thank you both for the replies, it does mean a great deal to me.

My concern with the 531 programs is that they are low rep and high weight which would be more geared towards strength rather than aesthetics. That is my biggest concern with SS too[/quote]

I’ve spent more time doing 5/3/1 than any other program. I think it works well for aesthetics. A simple 5x5 template is good as well. Whatever you do, sticking to the basic, compound lifts for 90% of your training works.

[quote]Tommy28 wrote:
After quite a while training with a body part split, I recently decided to change things up and give Chad Waterbury’s Total Body Training a crack. I’m now in the final week of the 8-week programme and I’m noticeably bigger, stronger and (according to my wife) leaner than when I started it. A lot of other other people who have tried it report similar results, as detailed in the thread below:

It’s a very basic programme that, I believe, suits trainees of all levels of experience. Plus, being a 3-day/week programme, it doesn’t take up a lot of your week or tax your recovery too much. In fact, it’s the recovery time that I think makes it work so well.

Anyway, don’t take my word for it. Check it out and see what you think but I’m sure, if nothing else, that it will bring you a step closer to your goal.

Chad Waterbury has been an integral part of my success.

I just feel bad for everyone else still stuck on the splits.