Losing My Hair!

Alright this may seem odd, but I was wondering what your opinions are on this situation. I’m 22 years old and i’ve got a pretty sweet receding hairline going on. I used to have a fairly thick head of hair when I was younger/in my teens. I usually had either a buzz cut or i’d let it grow out for the winter. I bleached my hair and died it a couple times throughout my teens but altogether it was only about 1 years time in total.

Since then and especially in the last couple years i’ve noticed my hair being pretty thin along with my hair line receding.

I was wondering if it would be worth it to use anything such as Rogaine to try to keep my hair or get it back to its original thickness. Or if anyone else had the same problem or knew of anything else that might help.

I’m not too worried if nothing works as I have no problem with just buzzing/shaving my head. I just figured I might as well try to keep it for as long as I can.

Don’t be a metro, just shave it.

Unless you have male pattern baldness that is normal. Most everyones hair line backs up a little bit in the early to mid 20’s. I though for sure i was going bald about 2 years ago but i stopped after about a year. Now i just have a big forehead.

I think it’s “funny” that dudes who always keep a buzzcut suddenly freak out when they start losing hair! So shave it all off. Some dudes have good skull shapes for it anyway.

I, on the other hand, have Jesus-length hair, so it’ll be a real shocker when mine finally goes. No way am I gonna end up like Gallagher!
Ima buzz it before THAT. lol

Rogaine won’t do much for most people. You need something that blocks androgen action in the scalp. Shampoos with ketoconazole do some but the best easily available thing is finasteride (propecia/proscar). Go to the doc (although there are other sources too) and have him give you a script for proscar. Cut those into quarters or fifths and you have propecia for a fraction of the cost. $50 without insurance will last 4-5 months.

Have fun.