Losing Ground

Hey my first post on T-Nation have been in the background for a while

Quick background, been training for 2 years now but only count one as true training. But still consider myself new to the game.

Anyway the problem I have is for the past 4 weeks I have been losing strength and endurance. Im medically fine and have had a full check up by my doctor 2 weeks ago.

My diet is good and based on JBs massive eating. Im not sure what is going on my bench has dropped 20 pound and all my other exercise have dropped too. My training is a 5 day body part split which changes but its split that im doing that got me to my best physical condition. But now I seem to be regressing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

p.s sorry for the long post

What exactly IS your diet and daily protein intake?

Well today it was

Breakfast: 6 egg whites and 2 yellows made into an omelette with some spinach and low fat cheese, and some pineapple, 3 fish oil caps

Snack: 6oz chicken breast with large salad and an apple with almonds and walnuts

Pre work out drink of 1 scoop whey 1 scoop dextrose and 1 scoop maltidextrin

Post work out drink same as pre work out

Lunch: 8oz steak with veggies and 2 slices of brown bread, water and 3 fish oil caps

Snack protein bar

Dinner will be a roast with veggies to match along with some flax seed and olive oil

Before bed I will have a Metabolic Drive protein mixed with some yogurt

Water through out the day around 2.5 litres

[quote]mr 32 wrote:
Well today it was

Breakfast: 6 egg whites and 2 yellows made into an omelette with some spinach and low fat cheese, and some pineapple, 3 fish oil caps

Snack: 6oz chicken breast with large salad and an apple with almonds and walnuts

Pre work out drink of 1 scoop whey 1 scoop dextrose and 1 scoop maltidextrin

Post work out drink same as pre work out

Lunch: 8oz steak with veggies and 2 slices of brown bread, water and 3 fish oil caps

Snack protein bar

Dinner will be a roast with veggies to match along with some flax seed and olive oil

Before bed I will have a Metabolic Drive protein mixed with some yogurt

Water through out the day around 2.5 litres

[/quote]

…and you are gaining weight by eating like this?

…and you are gaining weight by eating like this?[/quote]

What don’t you like about his diet? Maybe he is overtraining, or just needs a change in his program.

OP, how much do you weigh, and how many calories are you taking in per day?

[quote]Modi wrote:

What don’t you like about his diet?
[/quote]

I’m sorry, but where did I write that I didn’t like the foods in his diet?

If he is losing weight, something I am trying to find out if you would allow it, then that could explain his problem. Not to mention the fact that the foods he listed don’t equal much in the way of calories…THUS THE QUESTION.

Next time, I will be sure to run things by you to make sure they are justifiable to post.

yes i did gain weight i went from 143lb to 162lb on it and thats where im at now

My first thought was: Overtrained

Questions for diagnosis…

Have you been feeling atypically exhausted? How’s your motivation to exercise?

What’s your exercise frequency? What’s your volume and intensity? Do you go to failure?

And, when’s the last time you took a back off week?

Like professor X said, are you losing weight? That ammount of food might have been enough to grow up to your current weight, but now you are heavier and need more calories. When was the last time you took a break in the past 2 years?

I’m thinking Overtraining as well. Can you post your workouts?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Modi wrote:

What don’t you like about his diet?

I’m sorry, but where did I write that I didn’t like the foods in his diet?

If he is losing weight, something I am trying to find out if you would allow it, then that could explain his problem. Not to mention the fact that the foods he listed don’t equal much in the way of calories…THUS THE QUESTION.

Next time, I will be sure to run things by you to make sure they are justifiable to post. [/quote]

Settle down. I’m not trying to make you look bad Professor. I didn’t see anywhere in his post that said he was losing weight, that’s why I asked the question.

I simply asked you what did you not like about his diet. No, you don’t need to run anything by me, nor do you need to try and jump down everyone’s throat that posts on the same thread as you.

[quote]mr 32 wrote:
yes i did gain weight i went from 143lb to 162lb on it and thats where im at now[/quote]

Have you increased your Kcal intake to go along with your increased weight?

Also like others have said sounds like you are over trained.

I don’t think 5 day a week is too much but, it doesn’t sound like your nutrion is good enough to recover.

For example right now I have AM and PM sessions M-F and one session on Sat and Sun, and I have handled it very well because my nutrition is geared towards recovery for my next session.

I eat A LOT to keep up with myself.

If you want to see an example go to this post page 4:

http://www.T-Nation.com/jumpLast.do?id=1176733

[quote]Kailash wrote:
My first thought was: Overtrained

Questions for diagnosis…

Have you been feeling atypically exhausted? How’s your motivation to exercise?
[/quote]

i have been a bit unmoivated to train.
i did a back off about 2 months ago
i havent lost any weight.

i have been doing some research and for my body weight i need for maintenance 2926 Calories
and for bulking at a rate of 1Lb a week i should need 3426 Calories
i think this is right?

my workout is
Chest
Dumbbell bench press
Barbell incline
Smith machine decline
Dumbbell flys

Back
Lat pull downs
T bar rows
One arm bent over rows
Dead lifts

Shoulders
Dumbbell overhead press
Side lateral raise
Bent over lateral raise
Shrugs

Arms
Preacher curls with ez bar
Concentration curls
Hammer curls
Dumbbell Triceps Extension
Skull crushers
Tricep kick backs

Legs
Squats
45 degree leg press
Straight leg dead lifts
Calf raises (smith machine)

now another question that i keep asking myself is would it be a better idea now to try and get back on track or to try and get rid of some excess bodyfat?