Losing Fat?

When trying to lean up (losing fat), how does everyone go about it, either reducing calories or more exercise? I like to add more exercise through sprints, gpp and shorter rest periods.

I have found its more about striking a balance between slow calorie reduction and upping intensity.
Ive been doing the mutation series, and its working like a charm…into week 3 and though I havent lost a single pound of weight, ive dropped 2 pant sizes.

your main goal should be to control what you’re eating. Not only is calorie reduction important (500 kcals less than what you should be eating to maintain your weight), but what you eat is important. Make sure to eat lots of protein and vegetables and fruits, and don’t eat so many carbs. Fats can be good because they digest slower and thus you won’t be as hungry. Avoid junk foods and fast food (unless you get the Go Active Happy meal from Mcdonalds…).

[quote]jo3 wrote:
your main goal should be to control what you’re eating. Not only is calorie reduction important (500 kcals less than what you should be eating to maintain your weight), but what you eat is important. Make sure to eat lots of protein and vegetables and fruits, and don’t eat so many carbs. Fats can be good because they digest slower and thus you won’t be as hungry. Avoid junk foods and fast food (unless you get the Go Active Happy meal from Mcdonalds…).[/quote]

As far as the carbs, are you distinguishing between the carbs in fruits and veggies, from the carbs in breads, potatoes and such?

I would first drop all carb dense fruits and then add in activity and intensity. Try that for a couple weeks, then add another day or two of HIIT cardio or a morning jog.

Hey T-Guy!

How did you do it? Loose 2 pant sizes without losing strenght? I lose weight but seems like lost some strenght too! What did you do?

Chivas

I usually do both. I start off first with small decreases in calories and at the same time throw some form of interval training(sprinting,jump roping,etc.) in there. I don’t think that it is necessary to go really-low carbs to lose fat. Less then a 100g of carbs a day and my workouts start sucking.

Does anyone drop all dairy products like cheese & milk etc?

I still eat cottage cheese and eggs… sometimes milk too. If you don’t digest dairy very well then you might do good to drop it.