Ab Training for Athletes and Babe Hounds
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=232ab2

9 Ab Exercises for More Sex!
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-035-training

Running Man
Energy-system work to Get Lean and Mean
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=251run2

[quote]pman130 wrote:
I think it would be in your best interest to read the article that Chad Waterbury posted up on the Velocity Diet.[/quote]

Chris Shugart authored the Velocity Diet.

I haven’t read through all the responses here but I get the feeling this site is full of sarcastic assholes who probably look like garbage. (You know, those jackasses who have been “bulking” for the last five years–except for maybe a two month “cutting” period in 2003 when they could almost, kind of see their first two abs.)

Listen, there’s nothing wrong with your plan! You won’t maximize muscle gain, but it’s a lot more fun and satisfying to build muscle when you are lean, and feeling yourself in good cardiovascular shape. So do that for awhile (while keeping up with weights and eating enough so as not to get emaciated.)

Then when you look good with your shirt off, your goal should be to look great with your shirt off. So you’ll cut down on cardio, maybe to once a week, plus some high interval training, as others say, and you’ll eat more (but healthy–eating habits are crucial).

Sit ups are overrated but there’s nothing wrong with them. In fact Arnold in his bodybuilding encyclopeadia states that doing sit-ups does remove fat selectively from the midsection, and who are we to doubt him?

[quote]GabePrell wrote:
In fact Arnold in his bodybuilding encyclopeadia states that doing sit-ups does remove fat selectively from the midsection, and who are we to doubt him?[/quote]

Uh… I think that’s only half the equation - what cycle protocol was he on when he made that statement?

[quote]GabePrell wrote:
I haven’t read through all the responses here but I get the feeling this site is full of sarcastic assholes who probably look like garbage. [/quote]

We’re sarcastic because of people like you and baller. Shut the fuck up and never post again.

That’s funny, and u may be right, but he’s not a stupid guy abnd he makes what i recall being a decent argument for it.

Matt Furey has also said something similar.

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with doing a lot of sit-ups and deciding for yourself… They’re not going to hurt your physique, right?

Um… ok tough guy.

[quote]GabePrell wrote:
Anyway, I see nothing wrong with doing a lot of sit-ups and deciding for yourself… They’re not going to hurt your physique, right? [/quote]

Well, it should be about training economy. That’s why the OP was dissed.

And abs are more about BF than doing 500 sit-ups every day. For example, take a look at some pics of some shirtless WW2 POWs - are their abs showing because they were doing 500+ sit-ups each day while passing the time in the concentration camp or because of the caloric restriction imposed upon them by their captors?

As I said before, would you rather look like these guys…

Or these guys…

I do not have a 6-pack, lol, but I have read some studies on the best ab exercises and the #1 exercise that used the largest majority of muscles were captain chairs (supporting your body weight with your arms wile bringing your knees up to your gut. Just google it)

[quote]jbodzin wrote:
I do not have a 6-pack, lol, but I have read some studies on the best ab exercises and the #1 exercise that used the largest majority of muscles were captain chairs (supporting your body weight with your arms wile bringing your knees up to your gut. Just google it)[/quote]

Good exercise, but not the best. And doing it supported in one of those chairs takes away some of the effectiveness. Try some hanging leg raises or pikes.

There are many other more effective ab exercises.

Check out “Real Abs” by Coach John Davies and “Babes and BabeHounds(?)” by Christian Thibadeau for some ideas.

T-Bone2…thanks for clarifying. I read so many of these guys articles they all start to blur…Anyway the diet works regardless of the author.

[quote]T-Bone2 wrote:
pman130 wrote:
I think it would be in your best interest to read the article that Chad Waterbury posted up on the Velocity Diet.

Chris Shugart authored the Velocity Diet.[/quote]

But what if I want to look like Bruce Lee and have functional muscle?

I heard that if you run 5 miles a day blindfolded then you’re burning like twice the calories because your body uses them to think.

jtrinsey:

Honestly there’s no reason why someone running 10-15 miles a week can’t look better than the guys on the bottom.

Your overall point is sound, but remember, marathoners run 100+ miles a week.

Re: sit-ups: yes, they are overrated, but what’sup wth this efficiency obsession? The kid wants to do 250 situps–that takes, what, 15 minutes? The same people here who are saying don’t do situps are then probably spending 4 hours a day playing video games. Yeah, if your time is absolutely limited,by all means don’t do situps.

People are jumping on the kid, who just wants some constructive advice, like he said he wants to tie plastic bags around himself, lock himself in a really hot room, and get on one of those machines that shake you really fast to burn fat.

[quote]GabePrell wrote:
People are jumping on the kid, who just wants some constructive advice, like he said he wants to tie plastic bags around himself, lock himself in a really hot room, and get on one of those machines that shake you really fast to burn fat.[/quote]

LOL!

The kid asks the same questions over and over again and posts them on the different forums expecting a different answer.

Much of what he asks can easily be answered by reading some of the many articles on the site. He doesn’t have to search the forum (which can be annoying). He can easily go to the “Most Recent Articles” or the “Archives” and read them.

Rather than being lazy, more people should read the articles. There is a wealth of information.

Learn. Educate yourself. Take action. Don’t just read and ask questions and overcomplicate things. Do it. You have to take action in order to succeed in all that you do.

[quote]GabePrell wrote:
jtrinsey:

Honestly there’s no reason why someone running 10-15 miles a week can’t look better than the guys on the bottom.

Your overall point is sound, but remember, marathoners run 100+ miles a week.[/quote]

I agree, I was exaggerating to make a point.

But remember that in general, form follows function. If your training has a high endurance demand, your body is going to want to shed excess muscle.

Remember that there is always a trade-off between efficiency and proficiency.

You COULD get a body like that or better running 10-15 miles per day, but there are certainly better ways to do it.

Not that all this isn’t funny as hell, but, to contribute something constructive:

Don’t drop the PowerWheel workouts. Those things rock. No substitute for lifting weights, of course, but very good abdominal training. Walking forwards and backwards for the length of a basketball court as fast as you can in push-up position hurts.

[quote]Baller1950 wrote:
what if I run 2 miles instead of 4? Will that make any difference?[/quote]

Hahahaha - I almost pissed myself when I read this!

Baller - Fuck the running 2 miles. That’s what just about every person here is trying to tell you. Now, there are some helpful tips here, but if you want to find the solution to your problem read the articles on the site, there are plenty about fat loss and plenty about diet. Read them. Over and over and over.

[quote]Baller1950 wrote:
what if I run 2 miles instead of 4? Will that make any difference?[/quote]

Burpee ladders. Do 20, walk to the other side of the room (pretend its your cell), do 19, walk to the other side of your cell (whoops, room), and so on…and quit fucking around with running and all that stupid shit.

Next, do not eat ANYTHING containing breads, cereals (except oatmeal), pastries, candy, any of that fucking dogfood – though I wouldn’t give it to my pit. Its just shit in a package, made to keep you fat and lethargic by our food industries.

One day per week, do 10 x 3 in the Bench and Squat. You should be screaming in agony at the end of these.

There’s my 2 cents. Now, get off your ass and get to work!!!