Losing Body Fat - Best Cardio?

swimming is great for cutting you up, but also great at being an inconvenience. i mostly run and do the stairmaster. run when my legs/lower back are fresh (ie no deadlifts or squats for a few days) and do stairmaster when i’m not 100%.

[quote]A_l3x wrote:
Steel88 wrote:
I gotta agree with the others about swimming being the one of the most effective forms of cardio since you don’t have to stress the joints…but your body will tighten up like never before once you start swimming hard(TRUST ME). Oh, and, who is that guy in your avatar 3030(Has the body I aspire to have one day).

I know what you mean about your body tightening up. As long as you incorporate a proper warm up and warm down and use correct form, tightness can be avoided. Swimming is great for cardio and can improve lung capacity but if you going to use swimming i suggest you try and get someone who knows what there talking about to set you up a programme, the amount of times i see people going up an down a pool for hours but its just a waist of time unless you go hard at it.

BTW the guy in the avatar is a aussi rugby play called Sonny Bill Williams, think he is 20 in that shot

alex[/quote]

Thanks for telling me who that guy is(wanna see how he got his body like that!). To be truthful I gotta love the tightness(whats wrong with me lol) since it gives me a good measure for muscle after dropping or gaining weight. So far I’ve just been having alot of fun swimming in the pool and its given me an edge at the gym in terms of getting those last reps and recovering more quickly.

[quote]Sai-Jos wrote:
will do Alex - thanks for the advice. What swimming programme do you recommend i use to beggin with? [/quote]

I’m not sure if 13x would approve, but, I’ve been using this book (fitness swimming) written by Emmett W. Hines and its helped me a lot in spotting both the small and little errors in my form. It was rated very well on Amazon and the book has helped me produce some pretty good results(less strokes, faster lap time, swimming more efficiently) in only a short time. So if 13x approves I would say that the book might be a good idea for a beginner such as yourself.

[quote]Sai-Jos wrote:
will do Alex - thanks for the advice. What swimming programme do you recommend i use to beggin with? [/quote]

Its really hard to give a porgramme without seeing how good you are, i would say when you go down to the pool have a word with one of the lifegaurds or something because one of them is bound to have a swimming background. i suggest to start with just try something like this:

Warm up
15 mins of easy swimming

Main-set

*5x100m rest 15 seconds between each 100

*5x100 rest 10 seconds between each 100

*5x100 rest 5 seconds between each 100

*try and do the same time for each of the 100m e.g. if you do 1:20 for the first 100 on the first set then aim to hold that time right too the last 100 on the on last set

Warm down
400m

as i said before tho aslong as you get or HR up to 170-180 you will be on the right track.

alex

Edit: rest about a minute 20 between each set of 5 on the main set.

sled, boxing, any type of fighting style. Diet will be key especially with weightless. Strongman events are great cardio and will help maintain some muscle also, cheapest and most fun I recommend some fighting style that involves a bag-boxing, kickboxing, maui tai ext- Sled is commonly recommended though also.

I would go with the low intensity cardio to keep as much muscle as possible, especially if you’re low carbing.

Read the difference between high intensity and low intensity: teenbodybuilding.com/shane2.htm