Losing 20lbs in 5 Weeks?

Is it possible to lose 20lbs in 5 weeks? I just weighed in at about 214 probably 20% body fat, 6ft and 18 y.o. I have a strongman comp in about 5 weeks and I want to try and cut down to 190 and compete in that class. I say 20lbs because I’ve been eating a lot of salt lately and I weighed in about 206lbs a week or two ago. Obviously losing 20lbs of fat is an unfeasible feat. I’ve calculated my bmr its around 3300ish calories. right now I’m keeping it about 2700 and I am making steady gains in 5/3/1. Has any other powerlifter or strength athlete on here ever completed a task such as this? Also I am doing hill sprints 4 days a week for conditioning. I only do about 5-6 (Hill is pretty big)

Im sure other dudes will chime in here loosing more than 2lbs a week is not recomended. I think most people would agree 20 that fast is extreme. 10 would be more realistic. 5/3/1 plus all that sprinting on such low cals your gonna hurt yourself. Either decide to add mass or cut fat at a reasonable kal intake. Doing both extremes at the same time on negative kals sounds like a bad move…

[quote]thehebrewhero wrote:
Im sure other dudes will chime in here loosing more than 2lbs a week is not recomended. I think most people would agree 20 that fast is extreme. 10 would be more realistic. 5/3/1 plus all that sprinting on such low cals your gonna hurt yourself. Either decide to add mass or cut fat at a reasonable kal intake. Doing both extremes at the same time on negative kals sounds like a bad move…[/quote]

I don’t think I’d be looking to do much cutting if I was going to do strong man. I think the amount OP wants to lose in that amount of time is definitely possible, but not without losing some strength.

2700 cal is not ‘low cal’ and not going to HURT OP. I weigh pretty much the same, less fat, and I’m not even close to 2700 cal a day right now while cutting. Hasn’t affected me at all…except for all the fat I’m losing.

If you’re including water weight (which may or may not affect your actual performance, I’m not an expert on being strong, just looking strong -lol), it’s possible. GSP drops 20 lbs in under a week for an MMA weigh-in.

S

Velocity Diet.

I drop around that to make weight for meets (powerlifting). I’ve got a meet April 7th and will be dropping from 205 to 181 (may go down to around 200 prior). It’s definitely possible.

Right now I’m gonna cut my cals to 2500 and consume much Les salts I’ll see where that gets me. I’ll try reading about cutting water maybe I should do more ssc

keto(more protein than fat, though), Velocity Diet etc.

I’ll look into velocity diet, haven’t read about it in a while so I’ll have to refresh on it a bit. Atm I’m doing a low carb diet, about 80g a day of carbs. They are from my whey protein, I have an apple some wheat bread, and from cottage cheese/ cheese stick. Depending on the day it may go up a bit but never much over 100g. Just gotta cut the salts (i salt a lot) and get a sweat suit or something.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=5051741

80g isnt low, 20g of carbs a day (incidental ones at that) is low

Matt Kroc has cut weight (31 lbs in 24 hours). Here’s an article: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/cut_max_weight_for_comp.htm