Lose vs Loose

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

People on the Internet generally do not bother to fix spelling errors or syntax.[/quote]

This.

I don’t get paid to post here, so you get my first draft.

If I fuck up a their or there, miss a word or two, I really don’t care.

your’s I mess up a lot too.[/quote]

You’re a numbers guy, so that’s expected.

Whenever a woman says she wishes to “loose” weight I simply assume that she does this with the goal of becoming loose.

People who correct people on screwing up “your” and “you’re” and similar things are NOT Grammar Nazis.

They are just people correcting fucking morons who can’t understand simple words that we’ve all used since we were kids…grammar is the way the sentences of a language are constructed…so we didn’t even get to a sentence yet.

These fuckers are blowing up on the landing pad.

[quote]Nards wrote:
People who correct people on screwing up “your” and “you’re” and similar things are NOT Grammar Nazis.

They are just people correcting fucking morons who can’t understand simple words that we’ve all used since we were kids…grammar is the way the sentences of a language are constructed…so we didn’t even get to a sentence yet.

These fuckers are blowing up on the landing pad.[/quote]

agreed, though THEIR are times that I type so fast on here to later re-read what I wrote and realize I misused “you’re, your, their, there”.

Indeed it’s true that when I’ve done the possessive of the third person neutral ( its) I will put the apostrophe in and have to go back half the time.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Don’t understand how this is an American thing…grammar ignorance is a world wide issue. Though my favorite is the misuse of the word “colon.”

[/quote]

Don’t you know that Americans are the pinnacle of ignorance and the rest of the world is more intelligent and culturally enlightened? lol

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Don’t understand how this is an American thing…grammar ignorance is a world wide issue. Though my favorite is the misuse of the word “colon.”

[/quote]

Don’t you know that Americans are the pinnacle of ignorance and the rest of the world is more intelligent and culturally enlightened? lol

[/quote]

I meet a lot of young American women (ages 22 to 30 ) in my job and so many of them say such dumb things…but one time a British woman (I think she was 31 or 32) when told that a coworker was from Chicago she said she had no idea where in the US that was…I said it was basically near those big lakes…she said “What big lakes?”

So now my mind was blown because someone was ignorant of N. American geography instead of the other way around!

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I meet a lot of young American women (ages 22 to 30 ) in my job and so many of them say such dumb things…but one time a British woman (I think she was 31 or 32) when told that a coworker was from Chicago she said she had no idea where in the US that was…I said it was basically near those big lakes…she said “What big lakes?”

So now my mind was blown because someone was ignorant of N. American geography instead of the other way around!
[/quote]

A young female saying something dumb? Ya don’t fucking say?

You should have told her Chicago was near lake by baikal! I love spreading misinformation when people say stupid shit. It’s fun to let them go on being ignorant!

https://twitter.com/ColonCologne - guy retweets every time someone misuses colon/cologne

https://twitter.com/StealthMountain - guy corrects every time someone says “sneak peak” on twitter. lame but i laughed.

[quote]critietaeta wrote:
https://twitter.com/ColonCologne - guy retweets every time someone misuses colon/cologne
[/quote]

Some gems:
“someone’s colon is wayyyy too strong but it smells hella good”
“I smell like his colon <333 , better than fresh air ;))”
“Don’t you just HATE it when you still have that lingering smell of colon on your shirt?”
“The smell of fresh colon in the morning is so amazing. Especially if it’s from the guy who’s sleeping next to you. <3 <3”
“This guys stinks so bad I had to spray colon on me”

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[/quote]

Some gems:
“Don’t you just HATE it when you still have that lingering smell of colon on your shirt?”
“The smell of fresh colon in the morning is so amazing. Especially if it’s from the guy who’s sleeping next to you. <3 <3”
“This guys stinks so bad I had to spray colon on me”[/quote]

That last one might just be a really good insult.

I hate it when someone types, “should of…” when they mean “should have”.

I hate it when someones says, “exscaped” when they mean “escaped”.

I hate it when someone says, “I was only jokeen”, when they mean “… joking”.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
I really don’t understand how you can get these things wrong in your mother tongue. Was it better before spell check software?[/quote]

both are spelled correctly ;), so no.[/quote]
Exactly. People who rely on their computer to fix their spelling for them instead of learning don’t notice their error when they spell the wrong word right.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
Link related.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[/quote]

Ah, I liked that one. Most of those were pretty painful to read; almost bothers me as much as crooked paintings.

Actually loose HAS replaced lose for many people.

Seen it on facebook, forums, professional marketing etc. Im in England so yeah…its a serious problem.

However I always quip back with “yo mamas loose!” They fail to get it however.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[/quote]

Some gems:
“This guys stinks so bad I had to spray colon on me”[/quote]

That was fantastic.

Too bad laughing at it is the like Nero’s fiddling.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
It’s just a complete ignorance thing. [/quote]
[/quote]

That is pure gold. [/quote]

x2

I don’t think it’ll be a problem much longer

James Cameron raised the bar back up last week…